Let go

(Asahi's POV/ flashback)

Ringing. I remember my ears were ringing, my breath was heavy and everyone's voices were muffled. It was like I was at the bottom of the sea, where I was slowly being crushed.

————————

Just before kumi passed.

"Asahi, I need to talk to you about something important." The boy looked at his mother confused and curious.

"Yes? What is it?" 

She took a deep breath and looked into my eyes "You need to tell him." Her tone was serious, yet...soft.

"Tell who what?" Asahi asked but deep down he knew what his mother was talking about.

"Nishinoya. You need to tell him." She pressed, Kumi had known about Asahi's feelings for Nishinoya... she was comforted by the notion that her son had fallen in love.

"I-" Kumi cut him off

"I've seen the way you look at him, the way you grow soft when he smiles. I'm not dumb." and I was speechless.

"I know, Asahi, I know you're in love with him." She smiled softly and put her hand on my cheek.

"I will always love you no matter what. Never forget that, because you are my son and you are everything to me. So go give your heart to that boy." Her words dug themselves into Asahi's heart and his eyes brimmed with tears.

He wrapped his mother in a gentle embrace then let go. "Thank you." Was all he was capable of saying.

Emotions were washing over him like tidal waves as he let the tears flow from his eyes. Happiness and sadness blended together and he couldn't identify what he felt. But it was okay.

"No matter what happens..."

Asahi looked up at his mother.

"Move on." She spoke.

"What do you mean...?" Asahi asked, what she said sparked some fear in him.

"Whatever happens to me... promise me you'll move on." Her tone still tender, but enriched in sadness.

"Mom, what do you mean?!" He exclaimed, but the rest was a blur. His voice broke. Along with his mind.

Yelling...

Beeping...

Crying...

Moving...

Tension...

That's all he was able to make clear.

—————

I wanted to take my mothers wishes to heart. But I couldn't. I would never be able to move on. How could I after everything. All her meals all her smiles all her comfort, gone, within the blink of an eye.

I wanted to burst out laughing, as if all of this was not real. Some sick joke someone thought was funny, but it was real.

My mother is dead.

I feel something shaking me softly. I look down and see Noya, his eyes are bloodshot and his face is tear stained.

He says something about staying with him and his mom. And I nod.

We leave the hospital without exchanging any other words.

We call the bridge of the violin the soul, Because it's what allows it to make good sound. If the soul is missing or broken, it can't produce good sound. If your soul is broken or missing, you aren't able to speak meaningful words.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
:) Hehe
-
Kayuni