Part 2

"Cha-raaan!!!" Sungjae brightly smiled with his arms spread wide open. In front of him was his own version of Tteok-bokki, kimbap and Naengmyeon which he had cooked successfully thanks to his mom's instructions. He had also simply decorated the dining area with rose petals and candles to make it a little bit more romantic. Sami, too, took part of the plan by wearing a tiny red bow on her neck... much to her dismay, of course.

"Omo! You've prepared all these? What's the occasion, oppa?" Joy was wide-eyed looking at all of Sungjae's efforts. She definitely did not expect this given both of their tight schedules.

Sungjae took Joy's hand and assisted her to take a seat. "Just want to make my baby happy. You've worked hard" He then kissed Joy's forehead softly before taking his own seat in front of her.

"Hmm... you probably did something wrong" Joy teased as she squinted her eyes. "But I don't mind getting a little more affection tonight. Thank you, Oppa" Joy genuinely said with a warm smile.

"A-ani... I mean... Aish. I do have to tell you something but let's eat first, okay? I'm starving" Sungjae nervously answered back. Of all the people who know him, Joy was the best at reading him. He was always bad with words but he didn't need words to express himself when it comes to Joy. She always understood him.

"Arraseo. This better make my mood good, then" Joy chuckled.

"Ya, eomma helped me! You will forget your name the moment you put these in your mouth" Sungjae pouted like a child.

"Ah really? Omo. I'll call her later to thank her. Let's eat already, baby" Joy winked at Sungjae who immediately blushed upon hearing Joy's endearment. He has been begging for her to call him all sorts of names but she was just most comfortable with Oppa. So he really gets taken aback when Joy occasionally uses other terms.

"Y-yaaa wh-what did you, I mean, y-you could always call m-me ba-"

"You're so noisy, Oppa. I said let's eat already!" Joy cut him off playfully. She loved seeing her effect on Sungjae.

Dinner went well and Sungjae's dishes were edible and tasty in all fairness, earning him so many praises from Joy. She was always the appreciative type, anyways... even if his food would turn out bland. That's one of the reasons why he fell for her.

The two are now resting comfortably at the couch with Joy's head and back resting on Sungjae's chest. Sungjae scooped her from the back and rested his head on Joy's shoulders.

"So..." Joy broke the silence.

"So..." Sungjae responded.

"What grave sin have you done, husband?" Joy jokingly asked. She didn't want the atmosphere to be too serious.

Sungjae cleared his throat several times. He was freaking out internally but he needs to ask Joy now. It's now or never. "Sooyoung-ah... you see... tomorrow... I have this scene with Daeum..."

"Kissing scene?" Joy interrupted him.

"U-umm... yes. But baby, the kiss is just a peck and I promise you I'll be thinking of you when I-"

"Okay" Joy chuckled as she interrupted him again.

"W-what? Okay? That's it? I'm not in World War III? You're not mad? I'm still alive and breathing?!" Sungjae held Joy's shoulders and assisted her to face him. He was expecting a different reaction from his girlfriend.