𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑|𝐈 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

MARA WILLIAMS

"You don't understand." Hissed voice that made my heart drop. "—Shes insufferable."

  A sick feeling rose in my throat and I swallowed the bitter taste down.
  —It was me... They were talking about me.

  I was still midway through the process of trying to comprehend what I had just heard when the door swung open.

  Smoke.

  He smelled like smoke... Fresh laundry... And rain.   My eyes widened as for a brief moment we just stared at one another in shock, until he composed himself and with a vicious snarl he growled,
  "Didn't daddy ever tell you it was rude to eavesdrop, Half-Breed?"

  Whatever enchantment had previously clouded my judgement shattered, showering down upon me like a thousand pointed shards of ice. A creeping cold crawled down my spine as the horrid realisation set in.

  "Half-Breed?" The shout was unintentional but I couldn't stop myself. My lineage was all I had left, I wouldn't allow this boy to dare deface it. "You don't even know me! Who the hell do you think you are?"

  My fists balled by my sides, and I felt hot. So hot. Rage bubbled up within me, coursing like acid through my veins and threatening to explode at any given moment.
  —My mother always told me I was quick to anger, I couldn't help it, I was my fathers daughter.

  He took his time, lazily dragging his eyes down my body, scrutinising every flaw with a sickening smirk.
  "Drop the act," Malfoy shrugged, crossing his arms and leaning back against the doorframe. "—I know exactly who you are, Mara Williams."

  My body language didn't do much to hide how I felt, I could tell it by the mild amusement on his handsome face. Disgusted, furious, degraded.
  —Humiliated.

  "I don't know what you're talking about."

  He let out an eerily humourless laugh, the empty sound echoed off the high halls.
  "Don't lie." Pushing off the wall he took a step closer, trying to pressure me into submission.
  But I refused to back down. I stood my ground, lifting my chin to stare him dead in the eye as he began to taunt me.
  "Poor little Mara, all alone." With every hate-filled word he inched closer. "No parents... No friends... No boyfriend, not anymore atleast."

  I could feel my self shaking with anger and I clenched my fists tighter to prevent me from raking my nails down his pretty face. "You know nothing."

"Is that so?" He cocked his head, now mere inches from me as he drawled, "Maybe you should just go back to where you came from..." My skin erupted with electricity as he raised a hand, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "—Oh wait, you can't."

  I wanted to slap him away, but some small part of me leaned into his touch, that achingly sinful part of me that longed for his torment, —Took a sick kind of pleasure in it even.

   Malfoy leaned in close so that even if anyone were to come down the hall, they wouldn't have a hope of overhearing his whispered words. His warm breath fanned the side of my neck and the smell of fresh rain before a storm invaded my senses. "I wonder what poor Krum did to deserve the Cruciatus Curse?.."

  —And that was it. I snapped. My fist flew towards the harsh line of his jaw before I could even process what I was doing. I expected to hear the impact, to see him recoil, but instead all I felt was the crushing of my bones as Malfoy caught my wrist, holding it in midair as his face darkened to liken that of a winters night.