6

I woke up, exhaustion filling my bones as I look around in the dark room. I could see pictures of a man with heterochromia lens of yellow and green, black mask and outfit resembling an urban fighter, more military than superhero.

The tagline read "Deadshot", making me pause as I recall the memories that I found. I got up from the bed as I wander around the room, recalling a very faint memory of me and...,

Iris.

I can remember her name.

Why now, why not before? Did I lose my memories, due to an incident that I couldn't foresee at all? Was because I somehow got attacked and this is what my brain did to ensure that I could rehabilitated back into society?

Speaking of society, what's going on when I slept?

I found the door and opened it, leaving it open as I trod down the hallway and found a stairway down to the same area I was in before. Devoid of light, I could see the door Iris came from back then, and the windows I used to determine that I was in an apartment.

"This food is heavenly. I love hamburger steak!"

Yeah, Iris loved that back then. Would she love it now?

Maybe.

I found myself in front of the fridge, grabbing the ingredients like it second nature to him.

A blink and I found myself with a patty steak, ready to cook. I must have done this so many times that I can do this without needing to see it.

"I'm only going to do this if you promise me that if you can be a hero, you will take it." The sight of Iris looking grim, her eyes pleading me to change before it changed to understanding.

She didn't say anything, but-

A loud crashing noise came as I turn to see a female figure hunch over, looking around frantically as they turned to reveal Iris. Her white hair flowing naturally as her red and blue eyes search the whole house, before she set her eyes on the slightly open door.

"No no no no no no no no, please god no." She muttered as she ran to the coat hanger and tried to remove her jacket, but it was stuck on the hanger. "Come on, stop wasting my time!"

I placed a plate down as the clanking sound made her stopped, and she slowly turn to see me, her eyes widening. Before I could say anything, she zoomed towards me as I could see her darting around the environment before she wrapped me in a hug.

Her grip was stronger than the pull of a black hole, her breath was uneven and erratic, all while I was trying to process the mass warmth that invaded my body.

"You're here. Thank god." She muttered once more as I reminded myself that I needed to say something as well. "Right, I need to tell you my name again."

Again?

"I'm-" I cut her off as I pushed her slightly to see her face, a flash of Iris with brown hair and blue eyes flash in my head as I could the outlines of her face match the one I'm seeing.

"Iris?" I said as her eyes widened, her whole body freezing solid as her breath hitch before she raised her hands to touch my face, tears threatening to break away.

"You..., wait you remember me?" She asked as I nodded, her eyes beaming in joy as she raised her other hand and touched my face, tears now flowing as I could feel my own cheeks being wet.

Was... I crying as well?

"You remembering. You're getting your memories back. You're coming back to us. To me." She said as she hugged me, shoving her face into my chest, her happy sobs filling the silent room as I could sense my head tensing.