Magic

I look around, I see this small village at a lake. "Where am I again?!" She said: "Haha silly, i just told you" 

"Oh yeah sorry.. it's just I'm so confused right now." "Why?" she said. And just when i was going to reply I fell unconsciousness.

I woke up in a small room, still not knowing where I am. Its all so vague. Where could i be? Who put me here, what happened just then? Then the door opened a bit, i saw someone peeking inside. Then the lady who helped me walked inside the room. "I see you have woken up." she said. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't feel so good." "No problem." she said with a beautiful smile.

"So, I'm just going to ask it you again. Where am I?"

"You are in Lumaris, a town in the Dintis Empire. I need to go downstairs now, I will talk to you when you are ready."

I have never heard of it.. where am I? She left the room and i started eating the food she made ready for me. Wow.. this really tastes good! I wonder what it is. As I look around the room I notice there are no candles but it is still very well lit. I take another good look and I see that there are floating lights above me. What is this? Is this even possible? There are clothes lying on the chair besides me. I stand up and put them on. They are a little bit too big but they'll fit for now.

I walk downstairs and see lots of people sitting at table's chucking beer. Suddenly they all stop talking and look straight at me. "Eeehm... Hey" 

They keep looking at me like they want to hurt me. I ignore them and walk to the girl i just met. "Hey, thank you for the clothes." "Do they fit?" she asked me.

"Yeah" i say with a big smile. She helped me even though she doesnt know me, I don't want to be a burden to her and ask for new ones. "If I may ask.. what are those lights in the room upstairs?"

"That is nitor, the mages make it and put them up for us. It's an infinite source so they will never run out" Okay well that is weird. Mages? Magic Lights? Where have I gone? Am I dreaming this? It's all still vague. The head aches didn't end.

"Mages?" I ask. "Yeah mages, you know the people who study Thaumaturgy?" Thaumaturgy? I have never even hard of that word. I must be sleeping or something.

"So.. like you can use Magic?" "No only certain people can use magic, unfortunately I am not one of them. But my brother is! He's the best wizard in town!" she said with a big smile.

After a while talking she gave me some money and food and told me to go look around town. I still don't know her name. Maybe i should have asked for it. As soon as I walk out of the door I see a old man in a robe.

"Aah just who I was looking for" he said. He looked very old, but he had a smooth voice. A sort of Morgan Freeman. "Hello.. and you might be?"

"I am Eryrin. And you are Mart?"

"Yes I am, how do you know?" He laughed and then said: "Oh boy, there are many things I know. But first let's go look around town, that was what you were going to do right?"

We went by shops and market places, it all seemed normal for a medieval place. No high buildings, all 2 story some even 3. It was a small town with a lot of people. Every street had an Inn and also some shops. We walked by a what I call a "magic shop".

"So.. can you explain why I got here in the first place?" "Ah, I was wondering when you were going to ask me. This is Lumaris. It is a town in the Dintis Empire" "That is not really the answer i was going for, I mean what is this place. With all the magic." "This is another world. Just like your world but we can use magic." he said. "It looks like the medieval age here, do you know what computers are?"