50.

"I'm telling you, home boy is fine!" I babbled on to Ashanti and Cleo. After last night, I couldn't get Kross Jackson out of my head. Without even knowing the smallest background detail about him I was fascinated. "Des, who is this man?" Cleo asked.

I smirked, flashbacks of a handsome Kross raced through my mind. Kross stood at six foot six with a lengthy beard, low cut jet black hair that contained deep waves and he had brown close-set eyes. Those thick and sensual lips had me ready to test the waters. "Kross... Kross Jackson." I uttered.

They're eyes widened in shock. "Bitch! Kross Jackson was at Exotic Air last night?" Ashanti questioned, more-so upset that she wasn't there to see him in the flesh. Everyone knows who Kross is. "So what about Quan? Dontae even?" Cleo asked.

My mood completely shifted hearing his name while thinking about the words exchanged between Quan and I last night. Though my feelings for him deepened throughout the course of our time together; Quan was never the guy for me. He couldn't even be veridical enough to tell me about him sleeping with Blair, making me find out through some messy ass blog which lead to the horrible car accident.

I know I should hate him for the unanswered pain he's caused me— however, my heart wouldn't allow me to do so. "I'm starting to accept the fact that Quan was only a fantasy." I shrugged, "And Dontae and I are only friends." I disclosed for what felt like the thousandth time. "I don't know..." Ashanti paused. "You two seem like a match made in heaven." She voiced. Cleo shook her head in agreement. I laughed, "That's because we're like, best friends." I told them, honestly.

I don't see myself being with Dontae; but rather someone who values me in some of the same ways he does. I might of thought about it a few times, but our friendship is more valuable to me then attempting to work out a romantic, long distance relationship. Truthfully, I'm sort of over men at the moment. Kross Jackson not included.

Getting my mind right is my main and only focus as of now. I don't need any more distractions interfering with my plans for the future. "Well I like him. I think y'all would be cute together." Cleo cheesed, stating her opinion. "Bet you don't know that him and Mo slept together." I slipped the tea. Ashanti gasped in shock. "That whore!"

"Exactly." I shook my head, "I don't need that girl running around telling people I took her leftovers or sloppy seconds, whatever the fuck she wants to label it as." I said. "True." Cleo nodded. After finishing brunch, we went our separate ways. When I got home, Darnell and Jhade sat on the couch.

My forehead frowned in confusion. "Hi." I cleared my throat, eyeing the two of them. Darnell looked up from the tv, doubling his lips together. "Jhade, does your brother know you're here?" I immediately questioned, removing the baby blue sandals from my feet. "Uh, n-no. Not necessarily." She stuttered. A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as I dropped my keys and purse on the table.

"He's probably looking for you." I said. Jhade shook her head no. "Ja'Quan doesn't care about anyone but himself." She scoffed, catching me by surprise. However, it was the truth. Quan could be insensitive to those who cared most about him. "Is everything alright with the two of you?" I observed Jhade while trying not to pry too much into their business.

She shook her head no once again. Her face kept a sullen expression. "D, let me talk to Jhade for a minute." I told my brother. He got up from the couch, walking down the hallway to his room. I took a seat beside Jhade, giving her a closed mouth smile.