I loved you.

6 days left

Mera's P.O.V

Heat. 

Blistering, scorching, skin-melting heat. 

My body is almost burning from just how hot it is. 

But I stand to my feet, wearily walking to where I can hear the yelling happening. 

Obi-Wan stands at the top of the hill of black sand, his face red and swollen. He gazes down at another man at the bottom of the pile, his legs and one arm gone. 

Anakin. 

I cover my mouth to keep from screaming, stumbling backwards at the sight of Skywalker mangled and badly burned. 

Obi-Wan shakes his head, "You were the chosen one!" he yells, the pain audible in his voice. 

Anakin stares up at him, his eyes bright red and yellow. "It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them." Kenobi screeches. 

He continues, "Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

Obi-Wan walks down the sand, and for a moment I think he might try to keep Anakin away from the lava only a few inches from his knees. Instead, he reaches down and takes his lightsaber, turning his back to him and climbing back to the top of the hill. 

Anakin hold himself up for only two seconds, yelling his final three words that are so heartbreaking to hear. "I hate you!" 

Before he leaves for good, he turns, looking down at his padawan's mangled body. He takes a deep breath in, "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." He says, feeling completely hopeless. 

Obi-Wan leaves, walking back to his ship as Skywalker's body bursts into flame. His screeches grow louder and louder, to the point where I finally wake up. 

I jump in the bed, waking Kylo. 

"Are you alright?" He mumbles, pulling me back down next to him. 

I push his arm off of me, rising to my feet and pulling a sweater over my body. "I'm going to go to the garden, I'll be back." I whisper, leaning over and kissing his forehead. 

The smell of sysoprol lingers as I walk down the hallway, but as my hand ghosts the door to the garden something pulls me towards the large exit to the main hangar of the ship. The more I walk away from Kylo's quarters the more I feel wrong, almost like it will be one of the last time I see it. My bare feet hit the metal floor in a rhythmic pat, the halls so empty you could hear a pin drop. 

I continue to follow that gut feeling, allowing it to take me all the way to Nalda's quarters on the opposite end of the ship. I hesitate at first to knock on her door, seeing as it's 0300 in the morning and she's most likely asleep. 

But before I even get the chance to ask for entrance, the two slabs of metal open in front of me. Nalda stands there, both of us with wide eyes. "What are you doing up?" She asks breathlessly, peering from side to side to see if I'm alone. 

I open my mouth and shrug, no words wanting to come out. I unhook my bracelet, holding it between my two fingers and demonstrating it to her. She glances down at it as a tear streams down my face, "Why does it smell like Sysoprol?" I whisper, already knowing the answer. 

Her lips part in shock and she pulls me into her quarters, wrapping her arms around my neck. She sways me from side to side as I sob into her nightgown, gripping onto her tightly. 

She pulls back, cupping my face with her hands. Her eyes are bright red, under-eyes dark and baggy. "Something has happened, Mera." She says calmly, wiping a stray tear with her thumb.