🅴🅿︎ 🅵🅸🆅🅴

Kinsley's POV

"Are you seriously going on that date? At first I agreed with your friend, her name Amarin I believe when she said go for the food but considering this is an anniversary type date---he's gonna try to trap you," Nila said as she sat on my bed.

"He's not gonna try to trap me. I'm just going for the food and to break it to him that we won't be together anymore."

"Baby, that can be done by text. I just got in town and I'm not here for long! You should spend time with your cousin instead and I'll buy you all the food you want", she was very tempting.

And she was right, she's in town only for this week from university. We're all glad that she's back right now cause usually she comes back during winter break or for a few days during the summer. After, she flies all the way to Florida where she attends this big ass school that I can only help to look at. And although I missed her too, I feel like I need to do this.

Like, I need to prove to myself that I can handle this and I can let him know I'm not someone he could mess around on. I'm a damn good person and I deserve better than what he's giving me! It just sucks that all those years are wasted, I could've placed my time elsewhere.

"I need to do this Nina. You know everybody thinks I'm soft...maybe I can show them I got some backbone." I plopped down on the bed next to her as she grabbed my hand in hers.

"Having heart is not being soft. You just in touch with your feelings more than others and it affects you more. You feel everything on a different level and it's hard for you to let go, that's all. And you don't need to go with him just prove that you not soft anyway. The last time I was here and you were with him, it wasn't right."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he didn't look at you the way he should. Big cuz would never steer you wrong and I'm telling you it ain't love with him. He looks at you like you're someone he can manipulate and it's very unfortunate he has or otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"I never noticed, apparently I don't notice many things he does. Or I do and I overlook it. I want to be looked at differently though, by everyone. I don't want to be seen as some girl anybody can get over on and looked down on," Nina sighed swinging her arm over my shoulder and hugging me.

"You can't change yourself. And don't say that like we're looking down at you because of it cause I guarantee you we're not. We're family and we always got your back. If it seems like we look down on you I'm sorry on behalf of everybody. We on your ass a lot to try to get you to see that you can't be nice to everybody. That's how people take advantage of you and we don't play that shit around here."

She chuckled as I joined in, "So I just need to open up my eyes a bit more?"

"Exactly peanut, you got it! That wasn't hard to get. Look around at the people you surround yourself with. No matter what they make you feel or how good it feels----if they do wrong and treat you bad then it's not worth it. And I can swear Kian on multiple accounts has done you wrong. So now...what do you do about it?", she released me from the hug handing me my phone as I looked down at it.

I took it getting up and going into my bathroom. I paced in the bathroom mumbling to myself before I stopped in the mirror. I looked up and nodded to myself and pointed.