Obsession [Error and Dream]

"Yes, it's finally done!" Error shouted thrilled with a hint of craziness.

There in the middle of anti-void was Dream's framed picture, surrounded by some lit up candles.

"Finally I was able to obtain a good picture!" Error smiled looking at his...masterpiece, his eyes wide.

To be honest the picture wasn't that good being at the weird angle, but it was the best one so far. At least it wasn't blurry or unrecognizable.

For a while Error felt gratitude to whoever put him in this place. At the very least he had a guarantee that nobody would ever come in here. It was his space and he could do whatever he wanted with it. So what if he decided to build a little shrine here? Nobody knew.

The longer he looked at the picture the more beautiful Dream appeared and Error breathed heavily. He honestly didn't care if he acted weird.

It all started when one day during a battle with Ink, Blue and Dream, Error was already really injured and couldn't fight anymore. Ink and Blue were thrown far away by his strings, so he couldn't see them, but not Dream. The destroyer thought that he will attack, especially since he was in such a vulnerable state, but no. He came closer and asked if he needed any help, and when he saw Error shiver in fear, he smiled assuringly at him and offered a hand. Error hesitantly grabbed it, confused out of his mind and slowly got up. Dream quickly told him to run away before others arrive and still surprised Error retreated.

The strange feeling of attachment started growing slowly, but in the end was almost overwhelming and sent Error up the walls.

Was it only because Dream was nice to him that one time? Actually yes. Normal person wouldn't get obsessed about the one who was just nice to them, but nobody was literally ever nice to Error. No others, no voices, no himself. He simply forgot how wonderful it felt.

The event was pretty quick, but slowly Error comprehended what happened. He recalled what Dream said and did and most importantly, what he felt during that. The conclusion was easy enough, he has never felt that good. The feeling was almost addicting. And who did he associate this feeling with? Dream of course.

Despite Dream's questionable action,  Error was still his enemy. Too bad that the glitchy skeleton was becoming obsessed over him. This one action drove him crazy, but who was he to care? He was insane before anyway.

That's when his hunt for a picture began. He couldn't have a real Dream close to himself, so he could at least gain his picture. It would be way too hard during battles, so he doubled his efforts and managed to find the Star Sanses' base, this time being driven by something else than the revenge. He didn't even think about destroying it or anything. How could he when his source of that good feeling was living there? However, he used this information to his advantage.

Several times a day he would carefully open a small portal and try to take a good picture, without Dream noticing him. It was extremly hard of course, and he failed many, many times, but now finally! He had it. A genuinely good picture. Even if it was mostly from the back and there was only a bit of his face visible. But it wasn't blurry and good enough to recognise the person.

A few days have passed and Error spent almost all that time looking at the picture, smiling and blushing and talking dreamily to himself. He just couldn't get enough of it and the happiness which he felt thanks to Dream. This was the best feeling in the world and associating it with someone made him mad.

The next thing Error did was knit. Not an usual puppet though. This time it was a way bigger than his normal projects version of Dream, perfect for hugging with. When Error finished it he instantly squeezed it, grinning widely and shivering in pleasure. It was just such a great feeling he almost laughed.

These two objects were great, but he needed more. And so the white floor started getting more and more messy every day.

First was a pen from Dream's room. Knowing that he has held it at some point and now he's holding it made Error almost drool.

Then was a towel. A toothbrush. Some old sweater.

And then some more random pictures. These ones were mostly blurry, but at this point Error didn't care that much. He knew exactly who was on them. And this knowledge made him as happy as ever.

Eventually wherever you looked, a thing associated with Dream was laying. Error's cheekbones heated up when he did just that, squeezing the stolen sweater which he was now wearing. His knees felt weak and he fell on the floor.

Being surrounded by all these items was the ultimate happiness. Error was laying on his front, his eyes wide open, his eyelights small, crazed smile was huge as he wrapped his arms around himself feeling a shiver down his spine.

And at that moment he let out the most insane laughter he could induce. And he laughed. And laughed. And laughed. His body was shaking and his breath was short, but he couldn't stop.

Yeah. He didn't know if that was a crush, or was he just crazy or both. But why would he care when he felt so happy?