Devil's Ruse

It was late at night within the Radio Station, on the top floor within Don's office, he sat at his desk looking down at his hands after hearing the proposal given to him by Mr. Magne who stood in front of him pitching the deal of a lifetime.  Signing over the station in exchange for a life of luxury for his remaining years on Earth, he'd be given a home within the country and wealth to aid him for his years to come.  Considering his love for the station, he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it running with how the world was going and so he'd sign the contract as well as shaking hands with the other to seal the deal and so that the Devil could claim his soul.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Don, I assure you that the station will do just fine."  Don gave a weak smile and went about packing up his things as Lu would go to stand before the window looking down at the city he would spend the next few years.  So many possibilities, so many souls and all for the taking,

"I see the deal went well?"  Alastor's voice came from behind after Don had departed and without bothering to bid farewell, the old man left to get into a car that would take him to his new life.  The Devil glanced over his shoulder as the other stepped behind him,

"I figured that's what you were doing that morning when you did the show with me, clever Devil that you are, you tried to take everything from me?"  He brought the tip of his cane towards Lu's throat, pressing against his flesh as the Devil would give an uneasy smile.

"Yes well, you were a target after all and it would have been fun to watch you squirm as everything you loved would be taken away."  Alastor's irritation was clear behind the smile he held, twirling his cane around to ram it into Lu's gut making him grunt and step back falling to one knee.  Turning to stand before the Devil, his cane within his hands as he looked down at the other with a sneer,

"Well, as I said, the Game is Over for you now that you're serving under me and should you disobey, I'll send you back to Hell and you can forget about the fun you could be having here on Earth."  Walking past the other, Lucifer smirked as he smoothed his hair back and stood to follow after the other,

"Of course, Master, whatever you desire.  Now that the Radio Station is yours, I do hope that it will serve you far better than it did Don.  After all, times are changing and soon new tech will rise above the Radio."  Alastor sighed heavily as he went to look over the files and paperwork needed to run the Station, he now owned the Devil and in turn he owned the Station and the Tavern.  Things were looking up for the Radio Host, he would keep his fame and power within New Orleans and with the Devil at his command, there wasn't anything that could get in the way now.

"Lucifer, that's why I have you, to put a stop to anyone that would interfere with my business and what it is I'm trying to do here."  The Devil's eye twitched a bit as he gave a sigh himself,

"Yes, I suppose that is the case here seeing as you cheated and used that fool to bind me.  Really, no mortal would ever dream of trapping the Devil.  Cheeky little shit that you are," Alastor looked at the other surprised by his language that it made him break out laughing,

"Well now, tell me how you really feel!  Don't worry my friend, you'll get something of a show, for now do as you're told."  Lucifer eyed the other with a menacing gaze, shrugging it off as he'd return to work, Alastor placed his glasses upon his face and sorted through his files while the Devil turned back to look out the window.  A show it will be indeed...

                                                                3 Years Later, 1933

                              A lot can happen in a year, nevermind three, New Orleans was a booming city that was rising from the depths of poverty and despair, from the shadows there was one man who made it big and through him all was possible.  Of course, with the help from his silent partner, Alastor was known far and wide as the city's most talented and charming entertainer.  The Tavern had grown in size and popularity, tourists from all over would have the time of their lives gambling and partying with women, a few gangs had moved in to deal their drugs but as long as they stayed on their turf then Alastor didn't care.  He ran his territory with an iron fist and kept those fools away from the many souls he was collecting along with the Devil's help, the Radio Host was becoming quite the Demon on Earth along with his Shadow minions.  Things were almost perfect if not for the fact that the Devil was still there, always watching, always at his side to whisper dark intents upon his mind.  After three long years, the Devil had tried his tricks and mind games, he'd try seducing Alastor time from time and although it seemed to have affected him to an extent, he would never let his guard down.