Chapter Twenty-One

After a few minutes, the two finally pull over in an empty area just a couple hundred meters away from Morty's...

"One question" Cara spoke up just before Diego could turn the key. "How did Elliot die?" She asked. "I mean, I know he died by getting stabbed, but who exactly did it?" Curiosity looms over her as she felt the need to know the reason

A sigh leaves Diego's mouth as he turns the ignition off. "Some blonde haired pricks snuck in. 'Sent by that damn commission"

Commission...

Cara's mind raced as she tried to remember where she heard that word from. At the same time, she thought back to the night at the diner when she also fought 3 blonde men that night...

Diego pays her no mind, unlocking his door. The sound of the lock popping open cuts Cara off from her thoughts, immediately pulling the lock of her door to make her way out. But before she could even open it, Diego turns towards her with a confused look.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna help" Cara replied, proceeding to pop the lock. "Oh, no, no, no. You stay here" Diego brushed off, leaning over and pushing the lock back in. "Why? I wanna help" she insisted, popping the lock open. "No" Diego repeated, locking the door once more.

"Jesus christ" Cara uttered, rolling her eyes at him.

"I'm a man. I can handle it" Diego assured, unlocking his door before pushing it open. "You and your god-awful masculinity" Cara grumbled, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "I just don't want you to be stressed" Diego replied, stepping out of the car.

"How does burying a dead body bring stress?"

Diego remains silent, lifting a brow at the woman before shutting the door and walking towards the back of the van before pulling the cargo doors open, revealing Elliot's deceased body which was placed on a wheelbarrow with a cloth covering him. Beside him was a large shovel which Diego had taken from somewhere in his home.

He quickly wraps his hands along the handle of the wheel barrow before pulling it with great effort, grunts leaving his lips as he tried to take out the heavy body. Cara snickers from the passenger seat, rolling her eyes before eventually unlocking the door and stepping out of the vehicle. She quickly runs towards the back of the van before gently pushing Diego aside and pulling the wheelbarrow before placing it down with no effort whatsoever.

"Show off"

"Not my fault your ego's too big" Cara snickered, taking out the shovel and handing it to Diego.

"Thanks" Diego mumbled. "Now go back inside. I can handle it from here"

"Yeah, right" Cara scoffed, shoving her hands in her jacket pocket. A look of confusion spreads on her face as her hands quickly make contact with something. She then swiftly peeks inside, seeing the clearly expensive pad of paper which she stole from Klaus' mansion.

"Actually..." Cara trailed off, turning her head back towards Diego. "Tell you what, I am gonna go back inside. I just remembered I have to do something" she uttered, quickly turning on her heels. "What is it?" Diego asked, leaning on the shovel. " 'something' " she softly chuckled, brushing him off. "You and your... big muscles can handle this so don't come asking for my help"

"Cara, wait!"

She slowly turns at the sound of her name, sending Diego a questioning look. "Watch out for people" he told her. "Why?" Cara asked, furrowing her brows.