CHAPTER THREE

August the 1st, one of the best days in my life

Today's mine and Popes 2 years anniversary. I remember it like it's was just yesterday. We were all hanging out at John B's as usual, having a sleep over.

I was laying on the roof on the chateau, looking at the starts with a blunt in my hand that JJ rolled for me. It was around 3am and we all had a sleepover, I , which was normal, couldn't sleep. Was Having nightmares a lot, since my grades weren't the best this year, Luke thought me a lesson. A pretty good one.

I heard foot steps from behind and someone layed down next to me.

"Can't sleep?" He asked, looking at the starts. I turned around to look at Pope, he was beautiful as always. His beautiful dark skin. Even thought it was night his brown eyes sparkled.

"Nah." I shook my head with chuckle.

"Me neither" he still looked at the stars. Which I found adorable. He was adorable.

"Ooh, what's Mr.Genius thinking about?" I teased him, still not looking away from him. "Who's got you up this late Popey?"

"Should I be honest?" He sighed and bit his lip. He was nervous.

"Of course! We're best friends, P." I smiled softly as he nervously turned him head to look at me. Our eyes meeting each other.

"You.."

"What?" I laughed, my cheeks turning slightly pink.

"I—I like you.. a lot. I over-heard you and Kie talking the other day..where you said how you have liked me for 3 years already, I feel the same about you  Al." He stood up to sit normally, me following his steps.
My heart was beating so fast.

"So..?" I bit the inside of my right cheek.

"Atlas Daphne Maybank, will you be my girlfriend?" He smiled widely and I nodded my head multiple times before going in for a kiss, not my first kiss but the best one so far.I pulled away.

"Yes"

Me and Pope were now walking to the Wreck, the place Kie's parents owned.

I woke up early today and got ready for the day. Kie came over to John B's to help me find out my outfit. A short lavender dress.
I wore natural make up. I was never a big fan of make up. It took me wayyyy too much time to learn how to even do it but I don't put anything else except for mascara and eye liner.

We entered the restaurant and sat on a table that Kie had reserved for us. The wreck was a seafood restaurant. Me and Pope told the new waitress what we wanted to eat and started talking about something. I drank an apple juice with tap water and Pope had a soda.

Kie was our 'waitress' since she planned all this. I noticed Pope looking at her every once in a while, which i found very if you could say suspicious. But i decided not to think any of it.

After the date we had we had gone to his house. Hand in hand, Pope called for his mom or dad but no one answered so he was probably home alone.

"Where did your parents only go?" I smiled at Pope and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Uh— I don't know. They d-didn't tell me" he stuttered and i nodded giving him a short,soft kiss.

Something that I never expected from him was, deepening the kiss. I bit his bottom lip making him gasp,and slid my tongue into his mouth.

I started walking towards Popes room, still kissing him as he walked backwards. Opening the door, I slowly unbuttoned his shirt and threw it somewhere across the room.
I closed the door, breaking the kiss and fast without looking at Pope I took my dress off, leaving me in my bra and underwear. I pulled him into another hungry kiss and walked towards his bed.
Pushing him on it carefully I got on top of him, starting to kiss down his neck.

Before something happened Pope spoke up.

"A-Atlas—" he stuttered.

I immediately stopped and looked up at him. "Yea? Did-did I do something wrong?"

His eyes went wide and he shook his head fast," no- no,no,no,no!" He looked at me and sighed. "I'm just not ready.."

A boy? Not ready?

"Oh...oh okay." I stopped up awkwardly, "I'm- im sorry"

"Don't be.."

I put my dress back on and put my hair in a messy bun.

"Are you uh.. are you mad?"

"What? No! I'm completely fine, P." I laid next to him and gave him a peck before taking his remote
"Do you have netflix?"

"Yea... of course I do." He nodded taking a deep breath kissing my temple before pulling the cover over our bodies.

It was very awkward after that. Very very awkward. I just thought after two years he would want to but maybe not. I respect that.