Chapter three

Avoiding Momo was hard, and painful.

The look in her eyes when she saw him was one of uncertainty, disbelief... fear.

Before he could call her she ran into her apartment and locked the door, leaving him in a state of shock and guilt.

Assuming she wanted to be left alone Izuku made himself scarce.

It was pretty hard given the fact that they lived in the same building, on the same floor.

He check the coast before leaving his apartment and wore hoodies to avoid being seen. It was a hell of a scene when he went to the cafe, alone this time, to go get a drink and found out she worked there.

Ever since then he started seeing her more and more up to the point where they started following the same procedure when they saw each other.

Stop, stare then walk away.

It was better that way.

No flashbacks of that wretched day or memories of her laying idle on a hospital bed and the high pitched beeping that put him at ease, a clear sign that she was alive.

For now his only concern was getting back home before curfew and maintaining a call with Uraraka on the busy streets of Tokyo.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked from the other side of the line. "Remember, if you need anything -"

"Just call, I know." He responded as he hurried past the crowd. "And I'm calling right now to tell you that everything's fine, I just really need a cup of coffee and a quiet place to think."

"Then I guess you must be coming to the cafe right now."

"No, not really. I'm going to the other one, what's it called..." he stopped to collect his thoughts but to no avail. "I don't know, the one with the cupcakes and candy."

"Are you mental, that's on the other side of town."

"Well thanks Google maps, you could've tipped me off before I took bus but ok."

"Sarcasm huh, I would've tipped you off about something but it seems you you know to hand yourself."

"I'm sure," he responded before dropping the call and entering the cafe taking in the sweet and bitter aroma of blueberry muffins and coffee beans.

He settled into a booth at the far left corner of the the cafe and got comfortable letting his mind wander.

What the hell was he going to say to Momo if he got the chance.

Was 'sorry' on the menu? Definitely not.

Overwhelmed by these thoughts Izuku turned his head and caught a glimpse of a bright pink hue with two streaks of yellow in between.

"You little bitch," he muttered silently as he put his knees on the seats and peep over them like a toddler.

Was this the 'tip' Uraraka decided to hold back.

Well fuck this, he thought, I bet theres another cafe around the corner, hell, it doesn't even need to be a cafe even a vending machine would do.

He stormed out of the cafe and didn't even need to take five steps before hearing his name.

"Midoriya?"

He clenched his jaws and butt before turning around to meet the delicate pink face of Mina Ashido along with her signature smirk.

"It been a while," she ran up to him and put her hands on her hips.

Not long enough, he thought.

"I know right," he responded awkwardly while scratching the back of his head.

Before he could react she jumped up and pecked him on the lips causing him to malfunction.

His face went beat red and he started to stutter, "Y-you c-cant just do that its unnecessary a-and inappropriate."

She burst out into laughter and covered her mouth to stop. "Sorry, you're still as goofy as you were in highschool."

Izuku tilted his head in confusion. If he was goofy then how would a normal person react to an unexpected kiss.

"Whatever,"

"Oh man, wait till Momo sees you,"

"Momo?" He asked.

"Yeah, she works here now," Mina responded while pointing at the cafe. "Its strange how she just popped up out of nowhere."

"She wouldn't want to speak to me,"

Mina scoffed, "that's ridiculous come on," she took his hand and led him into the cafe.

"Your insane, let go of me." He complained as she lead him through multiple doors eventually leaving him in small room with about three couches and and coffee table.

Momo sat at the table and almost knocked her cup of coffee over, stunned by Izuku's arrival.

"I'll be at the counter byeeeeeee."

With that said Mina left, locking the door behind her and running off.