𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒

ADAMAS

"Did you find anything?"

The young adult male turned to the quiet voice, seeing no other than the impassive expression of his younger brother.

The long-haired male replied with a simple head shake, swiping the blood from his sword unto the ground before encasing it back in its sheath. Characters engraved into the purple blade spelling,

'Slayer of demons.'

In his brother's grip, was also a long, bloodied katana sword. Stained in the red of the demon he just previously killed. The red substance trickled from his blade and unto the old wooden floor of the neglected home, seeping into the cracks and wedges of the old wood. Not far from him was the crumbling body of a pale inhuman creature he slew moments ago, vanishing into the air.

Dark red decorated the house from head to toe, and before their eyes were the mangled corpses of the family that resided in the house. Shock, terror, combined with complete disbelief were the only emotions their faces displayed in their last moments of despair.

"Dead before we could even make it." The younger brother murmured. His face remained void of emotion, however, his eyes shone with great remorse of the innocent humans who lost their lives in such an unfortunate state.

They had done this many times, slaying demons and saving the lives of humans. Their systems were accustomed to the repulsive smell of human blood and rotting flesh. They were used to the gruesome sight of human entrails spilled out, the pit of guilt weaving in their stomachs for not arriving on time.
The same could be said for their comrades as well.  The number one priority was to protect humans.

Protect humans.
Kill demons.

He peeled his eyes off the dead bodies, a small sigh leaving his tired lips. "Bury them." The man said, already walking away from his distraught sibling. "I'll look around to check if there are any more survivors."

With his sword in tow, the demon slayer sauntered around the house, dark irises sharp & vigilant in case a demon suddenly jumped out to ambush him as he entered each and every room. But with every corner he turned, he felt no demonic presence nor demon awaiting for him. Only hearing the heavy creaks of the wooden titles under the soils of his feet. 'I have a feeling I should look around a bit more.' He concluded, having an abrupt gut feeling. He had checked all the rooms, every crook, and cranny yet to no avail had he found someone. Only dust and empty spaces filled with air. But why?