Wake up call

Bring! Bring! Bring! I turnover in my sleep, and grab my pillow chucking it at my alarm clock.
"Callista get up and get ready for school before I call your case manager."
My foster mom Amanda Hernandez threatens. I blow out a deep breath staring at my ceiling this isn't the first time she's threaten me with my unbearably optimistic case manager Jenna James. You'd think after the first year she'd give up the threat but no of course not.
I get up slowly peeling my self from my twin sized mattress, I blink a few times pushing the sleepiness away from my sight wishing my reality was different that I had parents that loved me or even just a golden retriever I blow out a deep breathe and push my hands up throwing my thick long Golden brown mane in a high ponytail not bothering to work out the curly kinks.
Throwing my legs over the side of my bed I stare into the mirror propped against the nearest wall , I quickly survey my brown skin and bright green eyes , standing up I lick my dried bow shaped lips and start to walk to my bathroom to brush my teeth I don't even bother throwing on any makeup A bit of chapstick should do it. I go into my big trash bag of clothes that I never even bothered to unpack grabbing a pair of my favorite tight black ripped jeans pairing it with an oversized band tshirt and black uggs but I don't bother looking myself over , I Just grab my bag and phone and head downstairs just in time to hear my best freind blowing her car horn outside. For as long as I've been at this home she's been there for me my first and only freind here.
Victoria Lincoln the most popular girl in Hancover highschool of course her dad's comfortably rich and the mayor of our little town of hancover ,New Hampshire .
"Callista I see for once you've decided to actually follow directions." Amanda says
I look in her direction biting my tongue. She's built a bit funny ,mousy brown hair, pasty complexion just like every other ugly stepmother.
"Yeah whatever Amanda, Vickys picking me up per usual." I say trying but failing to keep the snark out of my voice. It's not because I hate my foster Mother Its that out of the three years I've been with her she has never once tried to make me feel at home or even made me feel loved. I was counting down the days till I turned eighteen and could escape this shithole.I had no idea where I'd go but I'd make a way I always did.
my best freind blows her horn for the fifth time , I grab a granola bar from the cabinet and run outside hopping into the Mini Cooper. Her dad bought for her birthday she had just turned 18 ,before the first day of senior year,and that's why we spent the last week of summer partying and celebrating her new found adulthood.
She looks at me smirking "god cal u didn't even try it's the first day of senior year and u barley even try."
I snicker under my breath "at least I did my hair."
I say as I look at her she had long red hair tht stopped right under her shoulders which she always kept bone straight. She was taller then me 5'6 and had a tall stature, a long and slim body like a model contrasted to my curvy shape even though I worked hard to rid myself of them I got my hips from my moms side and they weren't going anywhere.
She snorts "yeah okay hot shit let's hit up the coffee shops I already called in our orders"
She starts driving as I turn and stare out the window
The best think about Vicky is she didn't force conversation ,we've known each other for 3 years and she knows how to just fall into a comfortable silence. Not ever needing to feel it with small talk. I was 14 when I first met Vicky I had just gotten to Amanda's house Jenna had dropped me off
"You'll be fine Callie you'll make new freinds this can be your new home " Jenna had said
I looked up at her my eyebrows pulled down low as I scowled at the ground. A new home , honestly I just wanted to go home even though I was neglected it was better then being around a stranger , at the time I had just wanted to go back to where I grew up to flordia and my little town , my trailer park where ms. Watson baked me cookies out of pity, when mom left me home to work for her pimp Donny he'd get her higher then a kite and sell her to anyone with a dick.
I just remember sighing and stepping into my new room my eyes overfilling with tears as the feeling of an unbearable amount of loneliness suffocated me I remembered how everything smelt weird not smelly but just not quite like home.
I walked to the bus stopped the next day baggy shorts two sizes to big for my small fourteen year old body and I was smaller then the other kids never knowing where my next meal would come from, my clothes were trying and failing to fall off my body I was drowning in them Amanda's daughters hand-me-downs and my favorite shoes that y mom bought one of the few times she was sober were starting to come up in the front.
I kept my head down walking up the stairs to the school bus.
I remember glares as I tired to sit with people but not Vicky she moved her bag and said
"I saved you a seat" she smiled even though I know she didn't know me and we've been freinds everyday since.
Vicky hands me my coffee pulling me back to the present I blow on it tasting a little my eyes slipping shut. God that little shack really had the best coffee and it never got old.
"So where's Jamie I honestly don't know how y'all have gone this long without sucking on each other's faces" I say sarcastically
She rolls her eyes " he said he had to ride to school with the football team on the first day"
I hum in response smiling to myself I know Jamie doesn't like me none of her freinds did i didn't fit into his social status I'm an outsider.
I feel her eyes on me "cal don't start" she huffs as we pull into the parking lot of our high school
"Whattt I didn't say anything le" I smirk .
"Yeah and yet I still heard you loud and clear"she remarks as we both hop out the car
I tighten my ponytail grabbing my coffee I'm one hand and my phone in the other
As soon as we hop out of the car they flank to Vicky's side and I keep walking knowing we'd see each at lunch. I'm use to it by now as the best freind if one of the most popular person at Hanover high you'd think I'd be just as popular but I refuse to be another cliche. Don't get me wrong popularity fits le ,always has it just doesn't do it for me. As I'm more of a suffer in silence type.
"Watch it bitch!" mallisons sugary sweet voice washes over me as she shoulder checks me.
I smile at her checkining her back "awe happy first day to you too mally" I toss my middle finger at her over my shoulder as I keep walking.
Mallisons hated me since I first got here. Her goal was to be Vickys bestie but tht position was already filled. Of course it bothered her why would she choose an outsider as a bestfriend.
I walk into school and to my locker stuffing my back pack in and grabbing my English books.
"You left me to deal with the mob of ass kissers alone that's so like u cal"
I smile hearing Vicky's voice Looking at her noticing Jamie attached to her shoulder looking bored. I looked him over once he was tall had light blonde sandy hair cropped down into a frat boy hair cut, a charming smile with his warm brown eyes And matching warm attitude.
Note my sarcasm.
I rolled my eyes " vicky don't be so dramatic you know I don't like big crowds and frankly people"
She snorts "what's your first class"
"English with Mr.waters" I respond
"Ooo he's hot" she says
"Really babe" Jamie says faking a hurt expression
"No ones hotter then you though" she says smiling up at him standing to her tippy toes pecking a kiss to his lips
"That's better" he replies
I fake gag getting a laugh out of Vicky and a glare from Jamie.
"I've got math I'll see you at lunch Nd we can talk about the party-" she starts to say
" Vicky no .no party's" I say wining
" no complaining your going. Later love you" she's says dragging Jamie away and blowing me kisses.
I walk down the hall and into Mr.waters class taking a seat in the back .
Then that was when he walked in right behind Mr. waters , he was tall about 6'4 for what I could tell, he had on a tight black T-shirt that was suffocating against His chest, he had a chain a sliver one tucked into his shirt, a pair of chunky black boots, and of course designer black ripped jeans ,my eyes slowly travel to his face his jaw line sharp enough to cut diamonds a head full of black messy hair that made him look like he just rolled out of bed his pale skin a contrast to my brown, his full lips pursed but it was his eyes that got me deep blue like the ocean at night the soft waves that slapped the shore calming and startling at the same time.
"This is Blaze Moore his family just moved into the new mansion built on the hill he'll be joining us for the rest of the semester" Mr.Waters says "go head and take a seat Mr.Moore"
The guy being As tall as he is still moved very gracefully between desks towards the only seat left and sat right behind me. All eyes turnt to him,following his every movement the girls eyes were filled with desire and the guys with envy , it was like everyone wanted to be next to him in his presence and I felt it too.
He plopped into his chair his leg stretched out in front of him I reach up to tighten my ponytail again and it's just my luck the hair tie pops my hair falls in curly ringlets around my shoulders.
I sigh in frustration and inhale taking a deep breath .
This is gonna be a long year.