Chapter One: Mid-August Rush

Damien Nicklesworth is a wandmaker in Knockturn Alley. He is the only other wandmaker around besides Ollivanders, obviously. Everyone goes to Ollivanders. most dont even know there's another, even better place to get your wand. Come to Nicklesworth Wands for a precise choosing of wand core(s), wood(s), and he even does custom magical finishes. You can also bring in your wand (even if its not from his shop) and get it polished, fixed, and even enhanced in some cases. He never gets too many customers. But he always gets something. mostly purebloods who think they're too "good" for Ollivanders, and have been looking for alternatives.

   but on rare occasions, we get storms of kids, like 12 of them, into the shop asking for wands at once. Most of the time its like a bunch of 6 year olds who aren't even allowed a wand by their parents yet. good thing he stocks My First Wand™s for little kids. they're technically wands, but the only spells it can do is Lumos, Nox, and shoot sparks out if they say "Red!" "Yellow!" ect. ect. (doesn't work if a muggle uses it so its technically classified as a wand, but no spells on it are noticed by the Ministry as i dont think a four year old on a play wand can shoot Avada Kedavra and kill someone, especially with wizard parents around.) And there's always an adult who seemingly is owner to the rampaging rhinos and is freaking out. Damien doesn't mind. He loves kids. He has a little boy, about 7 now, who sometimes helps in the shop. his name is Mason.

and Damien is absolutely obsessed with Mason. like, completely in love.

and ironically, he was adopted 6 years ago by Damien. he went to a muggle orphanage that his squib cousin worked at, and was telling him that he hasn't had much luck recently. something about ungrateful adults, something something bitc-

moving on.

Damien arrived at the orphanage with a greeting by his cousin, who's name is Zack, and is lead inside..

to
a total
mess.

Apparently Zach went in vacation for 2 days and let his coworker be in charge for LESS THAN 2 DAYS

MIGHT

I

ADD.

Damien sensed young magic somewhere here. he looked around and around and after a few hours he spotted a little boy, no older than a year, crying in the corner of his crib. he walked toward the kid, and knew this one was the magic he sensed. he picked him up, and immediately he stopped crying. just like that. like nothing happened. and his face was completely dry. but he was balling. then damien remembered he's a young wizard and he let it be.

   "Thats Mason. he's been crying for a day now. weirdly enough, his tears never last more than a few seconds after he stops crying, and any injurieshe gets heals almost at once." Zach told him, slightly confused.
"Thats because Mason is a young wizard. I can feel it. I think he's the one." Damien explained to his cousin.
and thats how Damien found his son.

now back to Damien present day.

Damien got up around four, cursed himself for getting up too early. got dressed, ate, checked on Mason, who was fast asleep, and went to work. 'the babysitter should be there by now.' Damien thought as he walked inside his shop. he then realized what today's date was.

August 12th.

"SHI-"

MOVING ON-

   September is always busy-or as busy as Nickleworth Wands gets. not as many storms of little kids though, now that he thinks about it. Hogwarts is about to start and kids need their wands. most go to Ollivanders, as previously mentioned, but a fair few families are loyal members of Nickleworth Wands. always brings their kids.