2

I cleared my throat and smiled at the boy. He looked at me and half nodded, smiled then handed me a vinyl and two CDs. I looked at the covers, "Oasis, Jimmy Eat World and Green Day.. Nice choices" I said as I scanned the items.
"Um thanks" he replied hesitantly.
I smiled warmly and told him how much it would cost. He handed me the money and was about to walk away until I coughed to attract his attention.

He looked at me expectantly, I blushed slightly and tucked my hair behind my ears.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Ashton." The boy replied whilst scratching his neck looking uncomfortable.
"Hi Ashton, I'm Lucy!" I told him, trying to be friendly but Ashton just nodded and walked out of the shop.

I stood there, thrown by the way Ashton had left as quickly as he came... Why do I care anyway? I've never even had a conversation with him. I shook my head clear of any thoughts and I started listening to the CD playing in the back ground. Quietly humming along to Mr. Brightside, i began to finish sorting out my pile of records and CDs.

The day slowly passed, my thoughts wondering to Ashton constantly. He confuses me. He hasn't held a conversation with me and avoids looking me in the face which drives me mad, but why do I let this bother me because I'm probably never going to see him again other than in the store occasionally.

Before I knew it, it was time to close up. Ryan and Dan had left the shops a few hours prior and Tate and myself stayed until 10 o'clock. Once we'd locked up we walked down the path to go and get some food. When we entered the diner we got sat in a booth and enjoyed listening to the 80s music in the background and seeing the waitresses whizzing around the diner in their rollerblades. It really does feel like we're in the 80s in this place. Tate and I order some fries and a milkshake each, dipping our fries into the milkshake whilst joking around and being young. Fries and milkshakes together are literally heaven, every time me and Tate come to this place we get exactly the same. It's like our own little tradition. By the time we've finished our second milkshakes and sundaes its 12am so we pull on our coats and get ready to go home.
It's freezing cold outside because it's early January but everything looks beautiful with a slight frost.

Tate and I dance and sing our way down the street, laughing at each other and with each other. When we get more towards our apartments we walk past an all night cafe and in the corner of the room i notice a tall male crouched over a brown leather journal.