3

"Luce, I'm going to go get a latte from in this cafe, do you want anything?" Tate said to me whilst I was looking in the window. I nodded and asked for the same as we walked inside the building. Tate walks straight over to the counter to buy our drinks and I walk over to Ashton.

"Hey Ashton, what are you doing here? It's like 12am" I say trying to spark up a conversation. I receive no reply, he didn't even acknowledge I was stood opposite him. Ashton carried on scratching away in his journal and occasionally moving his hair out of his eyes.

"Are you okay? Have you lost your voice or something?" I ask with concern. He shakes his head to say no and carries on writing. I look around the cafe awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.
"Do you maybe want to meet tomorrow? We can meet at Eds Diner up the street at like 1pm for some lunch?" I look at him waiting for agreement. Ashton opened his mouth to speak as Tate calls my name whilst walking over to me and Ashton. As Tate walks over Ashton puts away his journal but keeps his head down.

"Hey who's this?" Tate questions, looking at Ashton. I introduce Tate to Ashton. Tate greets Ashton and he just nods in reply. Sensing his discomfort Tate walks over to the sugar counter.

"Um sorry about that," I give Ashton an awkward smile, "So I'll see you tomorrow at 1 yeah?" He nods in agreement. I smile at him and say my good byes and he nods his head, pulling out his journal again.

Tate and myself exit the cafe and finally get back to our apartments. We live on the same floor so we use the same elevator and say our good nights as we get out of the lift.
"I'll see you in the morning." I tell Tate.
"Yeah I'll be round at 7ish. Sleep well Luce." He yawns.
"Love you!!" I yell to him as we walk our separate ways.

I let myself into my apartment and drink the rest of my coffee. Once I've put my empty cup in the rubbish bin I make sure my kitchen/living room is tidy and continue into my bedroom. I quickly brush my hair and teeth and go too the toilet and I'm finally ready to climb into bed. When I get into bed I put my phone on charge and make sure my alarm is set.
I see the time as my phone lights up saying its charging. 1:03am. My eyes are struggling to keep themselves open. I stop fighting the sleepiness and start to drift off thinking of how to get the boy with the brown journal to open up to me.