Round 1, Chapter 6: Beyond Human Eyes

I gently opened the bedroom door, the creaking of it already giving me away.  But no one can see me out here, and no one is crazy enough to try and hunt me down.  I watched him walk into the bedroom right before, and it was absolutely perfect for me.  He was shaking, more than I ever anticipated him to, but it's not like it's gonna stop me.  I look out at the living room one last time.  Out at him.

I'll show you pathetic.

No!  No no no no no no no no no!  Why are they here?!  Why are they after me?!  How did they get in?!  I locked the door, I vividly remember locking the door!

But didn't Lara lock the door too?

I tried to scream, but nothing was coming out of my throat.  It was like a horrible nightmare, but I knew for a fact it was real.  I watched as the killer closed the door behind them, at which point my adrenaline kicked in too soon, and I ran to the door to get away.  But it was locked again.  Even if it was still locked from the inside, it wouldn't give me enough time, because I already felt a tight grip on my arm as whoever it was yanked me away.  They flung my body into the wooden frame of the bed, my head hitting the corner of it.  I have so little time to react that I might as well have no time to react at all. 

Finally, I was able to let out a blood-curdling scream, tears streaming down my face.  Please, I'm begging for someone to hear me!

He thinks screaming for help is gonna do anything?  Only if it would, but it doesn't.  I just let him scream for a while until I grabbed him by his hair and slammed his head into the corner of the bed frame.  I kept doing that, blood leaking down from where I hit it.

Die. Die before I begin to regret it again, please.

There's no way they can't hear me! Even after my head starts getting bashed in, I keep screaming for something, anything to come save me.

I can feel a warm liquid begin to trail down the back of my neck, and what very little I could see at the moment began to get blurry. I get lightheaded, nauseous, tired. Still, I kept calling for help, even if it was pretty much useless now, and it was just wasting my energy. Well, what small amount of energy I had left, anyway.

This was it, I was gonna die, alone with nothing but the Murderer and my fading cries of help to accompany me. Tears are trailing down my face, blood smearing on my back. My efforts to fight back are useless, as I can feel my eyelids fluttering shut.

The last thing I hear is the sound of the door opening once again as a more calming blue light suddenly filled my blackened vision.  Unfortunately, it doesn't stay for long.  It fades away and I pass out with pain still coursing through my body like blood.

***

I stayed right outside the doorway of the bathroom for a long time.  All I could do was hope and pray I chose the right person this time.  Seeing the other two dead was bad enough, but if I keep failing like this I'll never be able to save anyone.  That's my job, isn't it?  I'm supposed to be the Medic.  I'm supposed to save them from the Murderer.

But I haven't even managed to do it once.

Just as I begin to start silently crying to my stupid self again, my vision brightens.  I can see the area around me, it wasn't pitch black anymore.  I could see everyone in the kitchen and the living room, I can see the doors to the backroom and the bedroom clear as day.  But I knew the lights weren't back on, because if they were everyone would be looking around and talking again.  I then hear a loud scream coming from the bedroom.