Round 1, Chapter 8: No More Bloodshed

"God damnit! Why are you so annoying all the time?!"

I don't know how or when it started, but at some point late in the afternoon that day, John and Lukey had gotten into a fight. I could tell it surprised most of the group, especially because the two have been best friends since elementary, but I was really just too exhausted to care. Or more accurately, I was too exhausted to express that I cared. It definitely surprised me too, but I guess being trapped in a murder house could make you turn on anybody. Plus, John had a much shorter temper than he liked to let on.

"I'm not annoying! You're annoying!" Lukey shouted back. 

"Oh please, I don't have to take anything from someone who's at eye level with a sewer rat,"  John growled, crossing his arms.  Lukey was very obviously the shortest out of all of us, being less than 5 feet tall. It never bothered him, but I'm sure it being used as an insult irked him.

"At least the rats won't be as annoying as you," Lukey said.

"Well if you were me you'd be used to tiny things squeaking at you constantly."

"Hey! Take that back!"

"Can't. Won't."

"Enough, both of you!" Kai said, pulling Lukey closer to them.

"He started it!" Lukey whined.

"I did nothing. It's you who's being a little shit!" John spat.

"John-"

"Don't even try anything Kai!  You're not his fucking parent!" 

Kai looked about ready to kill John then and there, but Lukey spoke up again.

"Well at least someone wants to be my mom!"

That alone gave off a collection of gasps.  I could immediately tell that that was a personal thing from how taken aback John was.  After a brief silence, he finally just scoffed and walked away into the bedroom, slamming and locking the door behind him. 

John never came out of the bedroom for the rest of the day, but everything else proceeded as normal.  Yep, just a regular day of being absolutely trapped. 

I'm not even gonna sugarcoat it anymore, I wish the Murderer killed me. 

Oh, that is just perfect.  That is just way too perfect.  A terrible argument between two people.  Two friends at that.  And one of them's alone now!  Completely alone! 

This is it, I'm definitely going insane, but just as long as I live I'll be fine, right?  Yeah, I'll be fine.  I just have a couple more murders to get away with.  Just a few.  17 after this one.  Just a few.

As soon as the lights go out, I creep over to the bedroom door and open it smoothly.  It's still creaky as shit, but that doesn't matter right now.  What matters is the victim not escaping like last time.  I can't let that happen ever again, it slows me down too much.  I easily noticed my target laying down on the bed, quietly snoring in their sleep. 

The least I could do was make it quick. 

I took out the knife they managed to take from me the night before.  They may have seen the code engraved on the side, but if they knew what it meant they wouldn't have voted out Alex.  It's a shame when you realize how stupid your own friends are when it comes to a life-threatening situation.  I stood over the person's body, raising the knife over their chest with one hand and covering their mouth with another.  I wanted this to be a nice surprise, and screaming would give it away.