𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

BETWEEN ALL THIS LOVE AND HATE
↳ chapter seventeen

BETWEEN ALL THIS LOVE AND HATE↳ chapter seventeen

"Alright, they're here."

Daryl announced as he entered the dark room, drawing the attention of the chatting teens, who'd been quietly discussing their upcoming plan. Forseeably, Madi was the first to react to the Dixon's sudden appearance as she smoothly slid off of the tabletop, pulling out her pistol to check her ammunition; just in case.

Following her, Lydia anxiously stood up, eyeing the loaded weapon as Madi simply tucked it into the back of her elastic waistband, her signature knife still strapped to the holster on her thigh. Lydia had already made it clear that she wouldn't fight her own people, and, in Daryl's words, that meant she would be 'in the way'.

Already, they could hear the loud rattling of their barricades collapsing. The mountain of furniture that had once blocked the main staircase had audibly fallen to the ground as a large herd of walkers forced through it.

Of course, Daryl had expected this. They'd been awaiting The Whisperers' attack, as the flesh-wearing group wanted Lydia back.

That had been the plan all along; to wait for their arrival, and to prepare while they stood by. Obviously, the group would inevitably follow them here. While Madi and Connie held the rest of The Whisperers back, Daryl would kill Beta. That was the plan.

Instinctively, Madi looked up to see Lydia's wide, brown eyes staring back at her. The taller teen appeared to be bewildered, her eyebrows raised in surprise as she studied the other girl's every movement. Of course, Madi immediately noticed her unsettled expression, "You said you were okay with this." She reminded her in a hushed tone, as to not alert Daryl.

"I am, I just.." Lydia tripped over her own words, her tongue seemingly tied as she struggled to fully express herself to the stubborn brunette.

Not that her lack of response really mattered when a flashlight abruptly lit up her face, making her pretty feautures clearer within the dark room, which was utterly void of much light, given the boarded windows. "You're with me." Daryl spoke to the girl he just hardly knew, suspiciously eyeing the two quiet teens, remaining curious of the noticable, suffocating tension between them.

Lydia squinted at the bright light the Dixon man shone in her eyes, before nervously looking back at Madi with her lips pursed. To each girls' surprise, Lydia pressed a quick kiss to Madi's cheek without much thought or hesitation. And, leaving the blue-orbed girl with parted lips and criminally flushed cheeks, Lydia obediently followed after Daryl, her steps quick as she subconsciously refused to glance back.

When the two were gone, Madi noticed Connie expectantly staring at her, a small smirk etched across the woman's attractive feautures. Like the Walsh that she was, Madi snapped out of her trance and nervously pulled her knife out, as though she needed to do something with it.