Epilogue (2/3)

Part 2

●●●

He didn't get far though as someone stepped into his way right in front of him. Taehyung came to an abrupt halt, silently swearing at himself for not just taking a taxi back to his place. It would have been a way smarter decision.

"Hey, wait a second." The guy brought his hands up almost reassuringly, but then someone suddenly wrapped his arms around Taehyung, pressing a knife to his throat.

"Don't move." This guy's voice sounded a lot less friendly.

Taehyung could feel his heart start to race in his chest. This must have been the movement he had noticed earlier... he should have run then. Gotten out of there. But as usual he had written it off as him just being a little jumpy at night.

Sometimes it really was better to follow your gut feeling, huh.

"You can take my wallet and phone. They are in my pockets." Taehyung lifted his arms up, signalling them he wasn't going to fight back. He wasn't going to risk his life over a little money. He could lock his credit card and just get a new phone.

His life was more important right now.

"Thanks, bud." The guy in front of him pulled his wallet from his pocket, while the guy behind him was still pressing the knife to his throat. Taehyung's heart was racing but he had to stay calm right now. The last thing he wanted was for the guy holding the knife to his throat to panic.

He watched as the guy in front of him opened his wallet, skimming through the contents, whistling.

"Jackpot."

Taehyung couldn't help rolling his eyes, but he just pressed his lips into a thin line when he felt the guy behind him get on his tiptoes and lean against his back as he tried to get a look at Taehyung's wallet too. The knife against his throat was applying a worrisome amount of pressure.

"Please be careful. I doubt you guys actually want to commit murder, do you?"

To Taehyung's relief the knife on his neck actually moved away a little.

"Are we just going to let him go now?" The man behind him asked the one holding his phone and wallet. Taehyung just stayed still, hoping the answer would be yes. He just wanted to get away from there.

The guy in front of him gave him one last once over, probably checking if something else caught his eyes, before shaking his head. "Leave him. He can't call the police anyway." He held up Taehyung's phone, waving it around.

Taehyung nodded slowly, careful not to startle the guy behind him. "I just want to get home."

Relief washed over Taehyung when the guy with the knife finally pulled away. This was going to be over soon. They would leave and then Taehyung would go home and lock his credit card using his online access or something.

But all those plans went out the window when the guy in front of him just dropped to the ground. There was another thud behind him and Taehyung didn't even have to turn around to know the guy who had pressed the knife to his throat was lying on the floor as well.

Not that he had any intention of doing so, not when a couple of meters down the street Jungkook had popped up out of nowhere.

Without saying a word he walked closer and Taehyung could feel himself tense up, this was the moment of truth. If Jungkook had just come here to kill him he was going to die... even if he doubted it. He'd gotten to know Jungkook well enough to be pretty sure it wouldn't happen. But a year was a long time. A lot could have happened in that year.