'Do you have any idea how much I love you?

Ed slammed the door as they burst inside the house. To their left, into the kitchen the entire family was standing, now in a silence of fear. When Ed froze at the entrance of the room, Lorraine almost stumbled against him then caught his arm to keep her balance.
Inside the kitchen a chair was floating and with it the youngest child and the only girl. Adrien was trying to reach the chair with the help of his father but they didn't have a chance. Then Ed pushed Lorraine to the wall when the coldness floated next to them and triggered the cameras from the hallway.
'My baby,' murmured Lily with tears flowing down her cheeks as she watched the chair in terror, moving around.
'Ed, do something,' said Christopher with a scared but prompt voice.
'We need this,' Lorraine jumped in the defense of her husband, pointing at the cameras.
Suddenly, the chair stopped in the air and the doors closed loudly between the Warrens and the Morgan family. When the chair started falling to the floor, Ed's reflexes acted faster and caught it. Lorraine took the girl in her arms, in a maternal hug as she cried in her shirt.
All the doors closed around them and they stepped closer to each other. The lights blinked a few times before all of them opened again and Lily with Christopher stormed to them. Lorraine handed the baby to her parents.
'Thank you so much,' the woman said between the sobs.
Lorraine nodded politely before turning to Ed with a look in her eyes that only he could understand. Things were a lot worse than they expected.
After a few minutes when everyone had calmed down they gathered in the circular living room that connected to the kitchen. The five boys sat on the small couch with their mother behind it while Christopher and the girl, Amy, were on an armchair. Lorraine and Ed were standing in front of them.
'Each one of you is now holding a holly cross and you need to have it with you all the time,' began Ed. 'If anything bad happens, that should give you some protection until we come.'
'And remember, kids. You are a family and families are always stronger together. You have to stay strong for each other because things will get better.'
Lorraine's words spread a wave of warmth through the room, having the soothing effect they always had. Ed smiled encouragingly and stepped closer to his wife in a protective way that had became a habit for him.
As the night was taking over the sky, Lily guided them upstairs to the room they were going to share. Despite her warnings that the demonic activity was higher there, they insisted to be there.
'We have to understand things completely and this is the best way,' Ed said calmly. 'We are going to be fine, don't worry.'
The woman thanked them once again for coming to help before closing the door and leaving them alone. Ed let himself fall on the bed, staring at the ceiling while Lorraine looked through the window.
'She has to be somewhere,' she murmured to herself.
'We will find her, honey. I am sure we will.'
She turned around and walked to the bed where she laid over her husband. Their noses touched, hers cold against his one, and he closed his eyes, inhaling the vanilla smell of her perfume.
She leaned closer and he pulled her into a passionate kiss. A kiss that none of them wanted to break for a long while. He gently placed her on the blankets and got over her. His weight didn't bother her instead it gave her a feeling of safety. Her arms found their way around his neck as he kissed her cheek then her neck.
When his lips found their way back to hers she smiled against them and pushed him softly.
'I have to get a shower,' she whispered.
Ed groaned in disapproval and she smiled again. She gave him another kiss before getting up with her cheeks rosy from the waves of emotions.
After the warm water cleaned her soft skin, she got dressed and jumped in the bed, waiting for Ed. When he came, she snuggled against him while he placed an arm around her and pulled her closer. Hearing his heartbeat made Lorraine relax and simply enjoy that moment even if the house was haunted. Even if everything was going terrible at that time.
As Ed stayed there with the love of his life in his arms, warming each other in the cold room, he realized how lucky he was. How lucky he was that he had found someone that believed him and that helped him remain calm in the toughest situations. Someone that he called with love his guardian angel. Then they had Judy, the daughter they desperately wanted and she became his second angel.
'Do you have any idea how much I love you?' Ed whispered.
But Lorraine didn't answer. She was sleeping peacefully and Ed smiled at her before kissing the top of her head.
'I'll take that as a yes.'

~This chapter is a little shorter than expected, but I am doing my best. I wrote more of Ed and Lorraine this chapter, I hope you guys like it. Please share the story if you do and maybe follow me? I don't want to be annoying or something. Anyways, working hard on the next chapter.
With love, your day dreamer💚~