(2)

it's been a few months since I started working for mark and ethan, it has been a few months since I had actually seen either of them besides from editing their quarantine videos. I of course texted both of them everyday, mostly ethan, but today was the our first day back to filming in person.
it was no surprise when I heard that the first video back together was titled 'pee sauna', but we would also be filming 2 other videos before hand. I had just hopped out of the shower when my music stopped and was replaced by my ringtone for ethan, which happened to be Ethan's song 'when I met you'. I smiled as I ran over to my phone on my nightstand. I answered the facetime holding my phone in one hand and my towel across my body in the other. I smiled when I saw Ethan's smiling pop up on my phone screen.
"hey E, what's up?" I said, looking around my room for the clothes I set out.
"not much, just relationship drama, the usual." he sighed. him and mika were having a bump in their relationship, I didn't know all the details since ethan was very private when it came to his relationship, but it was his business and I respected him enough to stay out of it. " what's up with you, my favourite, most amazing editor ever?" I smiled.
"just getting ready for today." I said, finding my clothes and setting my phone down face up so all ethan could see was my ceiling as I got dressed. "I'm getting dressed, so enjoy the view of my ceiling for a second." I said and ethan laughed.
"I was just about to tell you that I didn't call you to actually talk to you, I'm only calling for those prime ceiling shots." ethan joked, making me laugh. "actually I was gonna see if you wanted to catch a ride with me to Mark's to film?"
I finished putting on my bra and panties and had pulled on a pair of black spanx along with an oversized orange bleach dyed hoodie. I picked up my phone so ethan could see my face.
"yeah that should be fine. what time are you going to come over?" I asked, making my way to my bathroom and to my vanity. I sat down at the vanity and propped my phone on the mirror.
"well, how would you feel if I came over to hang out before we go?" Ethan asked. I was a little caught off guard. ethan and I used to hangout all the time until mikka started getting mad at ethan for being over at my house all the time. I assumed she thought ethan and I were fooling around together but even though I did find him attractive both physically and mentally, I loved him too much to ruin his personal life.
"sure! I've missed hanging out with you, loser!" I exclaimed as I applied my makeup starting with eyeliner then mascara, brows and then topped it all off with chapstick.
"awesome, I'll be over in a few."
"cool, just walk in, the door should be unlocked." ethan smiled and nodded before we exchanged out goodbyes and hung up. my music started playing again as soon as the call dropped. I finished getting ready by running a brush through my damp hair and pulling on knee high black socks followed by my black doc martens. I checked myself out in the floor length mirror along the empty wall of my bathroom before walking back out into my room and over to my bed, just to belly flop onto it and open my phone to scroll through apps while I waited for ethan. just as I was about to turn off my phone and assume boredom as a new hobby, a knock sounded at my bedroom door. I sat up in my bed and fixed my hair quickly.
"come in." I called out through my room, not bothering to turn off my music playing from my speaker. the door opened and Ethan's cute little face peaked inside. I smiled, making ethan smile. I got up from my bed and ran towards ethan as he walked through the doorway. I jumped up on him, wrapping my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck, nestling my face into his neck. "I missed my blue boy best friend." I said into his neck as he hugged me tightly.
"your blue boy missed you too." he said into my hair. he had one hand on my back and the other on the back of my head. I felt secure in his arms and wished I could stay like this forever. after a few seconds, I hopped off of ethan and unhooked myself from around him.
ethan looked at me with sad eyes and my heart slowly melted for him "are you okay?" I asked, only for those words to be what broke the dam that was holding back his tears. he shook his head no and I gave him a sympathetic look. I grabbed his hand and led him over to my bed. I crawled into the bed and patted the bed next to me for ethan to join. he willing obliged and crawled under the covers, laying his head in my lap for me to play with his hair. "what's going on, love?" ethan sniffled, silent tears falling from his eyes and soaking the fabric of my hoodie.
"mikka broke up with me." he said in his 'baby voice'. some people found it annoying but I personally thought it was cute and endearing.
"did you guys fight?"I asked, running my fingers through his short hair.
"no, she called me and told me she found someone better at taking care of her and loving her and that she couldn't be with someone who doesn't love her anymore." he explained.
"what did she mean by she couldn't be with someone who doesn't love her anymore?" I asked my brows furrowing in confusion
"well, she's not wrong." he sniffled. "I did fall out of love with her. it started when she started accusing me of cheating on her, I kept asking myself how I could trust her if she doesn't even trust me. then today I find out she's the one who's been cheating for the past couple of months." Ethan's tears started back up again and I did my best to calm his sobs as he dug his face into my legs.
"it's okay, love. it's not your fault. if mikka can't see you for you then she doesn't deserve you, your time, or your tears." I stroked Ethan's hair and waited for his breathing to return to normal.
"you mean that?" he asked after turning his head to look up at me I smiled and nodded, ethan quickly sat up, shifting uncomfortably for a quick second before putting his hands in his lap, looking down at them.
"you know, ethan, you can count on me for anything. even something you might think is weird. you're my best friend, E, don't forget that." I said and ethan looked up and over at me. his brows furrowed in a mixture of confusion, anger, and pain. out of nowhere and catching me off guard, ethan kissed me. I knew he was emotional but I never expected him to kiss me. I found myself kissing him back but frozen in place until he moved away from me.
"I should've cheated on mikka, no that's not right," he searched within his own inner turmoil for the right words. "I should've at least broken up with her sooner. I've spent everyday since we met thinking about you wondering if you were seeing anyone. if you, by some miracle of god, even felt even an ounce of what I feel for you. I prayed for you to tell me you liked me so I could have an excuse to break up with mikka. you're what has kept me going when I was at my lowest with mikka." tears brimmed my eyes, threatening to spill over the threshold. "Maddie, you're one hundred percent my person. I need you, I don't think I could live my life without you by my side. so I guess what I'm saying is, will you be my girlfriend?"