♡two♡

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."

A.A. Milne

I should have gone on that trip with Tony. I should have been there. Maybe then I could have saved him. Tony was taken hostage by the Ten Rings three months ago. For three months I didn't know if he was alive or dead. I spent the whole time beating myself up over it. If I had been there, I could have rescued us. He wouldn't have had to sit through whatever torture they put him through. I just... I should have done more.

Today is the day I finally get to see him again. I stand with Happy Hogan at the airport waiting for Tony's plane to land. I smile from ear to ear as he walks down the back of the plane hand and hand with Colonel James Rhodes. Tony's arm is in a sling, but he looks good for a man held hostage for three months.

"Watch it, coming up here," Rhodey warns.

A paramedic wheels a gurney over towards Tony. "Are you kidding me with this? Get rid of them," Tony instructs. He walks over to me and looks me in the eyes. "Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?"

I chuckle. "Tears of joy. I hate job hunting."

"Yeah, vacation's over," Tony states before getting into the back of the car.

I get in and sit right beside him.

"Where to, sir?" Happy asks.

I lean forward slightly. "Take us to the hospital, please, Happy."

"No," Tony states.

"No?" I ask. "Tony, I know you're stubborn, but you have to go to the hospital."

"No is a complete answer," Tony states.

"The doctor has to look at you," I argue.

"I don't have to do anything. I've been in captivity for three months. There are two things I want to do. I want an American cheeseburger, and the other..." Tony starts.

I cut him off, "Don't."

Tony continues, "...is not what you think. I want you to call for a press conference now."

I look at him confused. "You want me to call for a press conference?"

Tony nods his head. "Yeah."

"What on earth for?" I ask.

"Hogan, drive. Cheeseburger first," Tony instructs.

I give Tony a look. "I should have had Pepper pick you up."

Just as Tony instructed, we stop for burgers before heading to Stark Industries. The employees are standing outside clapping as we pull up.

Obadiah Stane greets Tony as he gets out of the car, "Look at this! We were going to meet at the hospital. Look at you!"

"No, I'm fine," Tony insists.

Happy hands him a cheeseburger.

"You had to have a burger, yeah?" Obadiah states.

"Well, come on," Tony remarks.

"You get me one of those?" Obadiah asks. 

"There's only one left. I need it," Tony tells him.

We walk into the building, everyone happy to see Tony alive and well. Well, that or their just happy to see him alive because it means they still have jobs.

"Hey, look who's here! Yeah!" Obadiah shouts.

"Miss Panagos?" a man asks.

"Yes," I answer.