19.The CEO is a fairy godmother

Joshua's P.O.V

Sunday,25th at noon. After the hotel telling me my reservations were not made I drive over to talk it out.Walking to the receptionist I smile.

"Hello sir,how may I help you?"she asks me.

"Hi,I had made reservations for dinner tonight,two people under Joshua Coleman,"I tell her as she nods checking her computer.

"I'm sorry sir but there isn't any reservation made,"she says. "Which day had you put in the reservation?"

"23rd of this month,I had done it through call,"I tell her regretting not asking the guy his name.It would be a whole lot easier that way.

"I'm sorry sir but there isn't any reservation under your name,Joshua Coleman,right?"she confirms from me as I nod.

"Is there any chance I can get another reservation for today?"

"The restaurant is completely booked for today,"she informs me.So there isn't any detail of proof other than my call so I need to talk to the head to fix this up.All my hard work cannot do to waste.I but in a lot of efforts for making this work.

"Could I speak to the manager?"I ask the woman as she pales looking through me.Turning around I see her,the General Manager of the hotel.

"And why do you need a manager?"she asks me strolling over.

"Mrs Adam,"I smile at her but she doesn't return it.

"Nice of you to know my name,"she say flat.Guess now I can understand why the receptionist froze. "My reservations have been cancelled without my knowing and aren't briefed the system,"I tell her as she walks over to the girl.

"Is what he's saying true?"she demands the girl as she stumbles to speak.I pity her,that's no way to speak to your juniors at all.I relay the story for Mrs Adam as the receptionist gives me a thankful smile.

"Well then,there isn't any reservation done and we don't have any possibility to fit you in so I'm sorry to say but you could reschedule,"she as I want to roll my eyes at her barbaric attitude.I'm about to speak back but another voice cuts through,a familiar one,Mr Rivera.

"Mrs Adams,Mr Coleman what's the matter?"he asks as he looks at me and I repeat the same thing for the third time getting completely annoyed.For such a big hotel the sure are bad at keeping their details in order.

"Alright,Lola you take care of the meeting upstairs I'll deal with the boy,"he says patting my back.

"It's fine Reed I'll take care of him.You're quite a busy person,"she says as she tucks her hair behind her ear making me sick.God isn't the woman married.I check her hand and there isn't any ring but she is a Mrs. So she's either divorced or the guy's died but either way she's hitting on CEO.

"So are you,they need you there.I'll manage him,he's just a nineteen year old kid.,"he tells her with a smile.

"Alright,"she sigh walking away as Rivera pats my back.

"You and me bud we have some talking to do,"he chuckles walking me over to a couch.Motioning me to sit as he does. "So what's the reservation for?"he smiles.

"It's a year anniversary for my girlfriend and me,"I tell him as his smile grows.

"It's obvious you truly love her.is she the same girl I saw when I meet you in March?"he asks me as I smile,remember my beauty.

"Yeah,Isabella Meyers. Wouldn't trade her for anyone else"

"Well then I'll let you in on a secret,when you love a woman so much,the one thing you got to remember is to not be dumb enough to let her go away.Love,care and cherish her because that's what woman want and need,"he says with a frown,making me wonder.

"I'll remember that one,"I smile at him.

"Is she everything you ever wanted?"he asks me with a warm smile.

"Ever more somehow.She's just perfect in every form.i see a future for us and I know she does to but isn't ready to fully accept it since she's been hurt in the past,"I say as he raises in eyebrow. The guy somehow has a very encouraging personality.I somehow keep forgetting he's the CEO."Hurt emotionally.Her parent's divorced and it had an impact on her even if she acts like it didn't. She's moved on but I know she struggled and I'm there for her now and forever.Though her dad really doesn't think things will work out between us.The guy practically told me the sooner I'll leave his daughter the better,"I chuckle at the memory.

"And let me guess,You'd fight you're her till your last breath,"he chuckles as I smile,nodding."Remember my advice and maybe even invite me to your wedding,"he chuckles as I join in.

"Only after her dad agrees or my mom would have my head on a gold platter,"I say as he chuckle with me simply laughing.

"Well what about your dad?"he asks me as I smile.

"He'd probably lecture me over how stupid I was acting but other than that he's tell me to make amends and makes sure she live a good life,"I say as he smiles.

"You've got an amazing family and your dad raised you well,"he says with a tight smile.Probably doesn't like talking about family since he's not got one but why hadn't he married or dated anyone?

"though what's with Mrs Adams?"I ask him and wonder where did that come from.

"What about Lola?"he asks me as I want to laugh out laugh.How can the guy not see how she reacted.

"She's kind of got a crush on you,"I chuckle saying the words to an man two times my age.he just stares at me shocked.

"You think she has a crush on me,"he says and I burst out laughing. Honestly things couldn't be more hilarious. "I never saw that"

"Well it's pretty evident,"I say as he just smiles at me.

"Son,that's because my heart is taken even if I lost the love of my life,"he says as I feel bad about having triggered something sad from his past.

"I'm so sorry,"I apologized as he laughs,confusing me.

"I lost her to another man,she didn't die," I laugh on my ridiculousness. "If she did I don't think I could live anymore,"he says his eyes distant s if on a memory. "Anyway let's focus back at you.What are you planning on doing for your special woman?"he asks as I smile talking to him about what I had planned and how it went down south.An he comes up with the best thing ever,bettering my original plan.I got to hand it to the guy he is a romantic and whoever was the woman who ditched him missed out on a good love story and life with him.

After all the arrangements being done he invites me for lunch with Johnson and it was hard getting out even after having my mother's negotiating skill so you must understand how good the guy was with persuasion. So that's how I spent the entire afternoon,basically talking to them both as my mind kept going back to her.

Remember to vote,comment and follow