If I Ever Fall In Love Pt.1

(((This is part one of a two-shot based off of Shai's "If I Ever Fall In Love". As a forewarning this two-part ficlet does include what some may consider racial stereotypes and a couple of ocs. Sero Nerohito is the grandson of Reader and Hanta while Bakugou Awa is Kacchako granddaughter.)))

        The sounds of sock covered footfall and childish mirth fill the room as two children played in the well lived in home. An Extremely fast-paced game of tag was taking place in the comfy family den. Numerous photo albums and framed pictures line the shelves in the homely room, not that the children were paying attention to where they were running. The young Sero trips over the rug in his lethargic excitement and falls into one of the many bookshelf with a loud crash followed by a loud gasp.

        "You alright sleepy bas-", Bakugou Awa, the rambunctious ankle assaulter, stares wide eyed at the small dazed figure of Sero Nerohito surrounded by broken glass and the split frame of Sero Hanta and (Y/n)'s wedding photo. Both children tense up when brisk and heavy foot steps are heard just down the hallway. The both start to sweat nervously. They knew that they weren't supposed to be playing so roughly with each other let alone in Granny (Y/n)'s family room. Soon after, aged face of Hanta pops into the doorway, an unaware grimace adorning his face.

        "I heard a crash. Is everything alright--", he speaks as he glances around the den before his eyes settle on the other two inhabitants in the room and shortly after the mess on the floor. With a sharp inhale he straightens up and helps Nerohito up, brushing off any stray pieces of glass off the boy with a quiet 'tsk'. He turns to the two, a stern face and a scold on the tip of his tongue, but pauses at the guilty looks on their faces. He shakes his head and puffs air through his nose in barely masked amusement.

        "You know Granny is gonna throttle you both, right? How many times has she told you two not to roughhouse in the den? Honestly...." He leisurely moves to carefully pick up his and the love of his life's wedding photo and brush the tiny shards of of its still shiny surface. While he goes grab a broom and dust pan, he hears rapid apologies from both guilty parties.

        "w-We're sorry Gramps! We didn't meant too! My foot got caught on the carpet, honest!"

        "'We're'?! You're the clumsy oaf that couldn't watch where the hell he was going! It has nothing to do with me!"

        He shakes his head once more as he he listens to a cacophony of guilty apologies and shrill denials of wrong-doing. He sweeps up the pile of broken glass and wood, making sure to get all the glass up. The skillfully throws the trash away and maneuvers all three of them out of the den and onto engawa, where Sero (Y/n) was lounging with a cup of chai in her weathered palms. A smile graces her beautifully matured face as she notices those that have come to join her on the beautiful summer afternoon, unaware for the foreboding reasons of the visit. Easing himself to sit next to his wife of fifty years, Hanta plants a kiss on the apple of her brown cheek, a guilty smile on his lips when he settles. He hands her the photo and she takes it with a small gasp.

        " How in the world did this happen....?" She voices her concern but her sight is transfixed on the photo, a hand gently gliding over it. She looks over to her beloved and he then nods his head toward the two guilty children; one has her arms crossed over her chest and is looking away with a guilty pout and the boy's usually sleepy features are pinched in a pained way, almost on the verge of tears.

        "....We're sorry Granny... We were just playing in the den and then I tripped over the rug... We're really, very, extremely sorry Granny!" Nerohito blubbers before he bends at the waist in apology. Awa stays put before Nero sharply nudges her with an tape dispenser elbow. She bows with quiet 'tsk' and mutters a " 'm sorry".

        (Y/n) having watched the two with narrowed eyes a pursed lips the whole time thinks a bit before her face softens. With a soft sigh and a breathy chuckle throws her arms open, inviting the children into a hug. The sleepy grandson jumps into her without hesitation and nuzzles his face under her chin while Awa drags her feet with a constipated look on her face but is easily dragged into the cuddle pile. Soon after the two kids yelp and growl in surprise respectfully after a swift swat is placed at the back of each head.

        "You hard-headed kids", the elderly woman starts with a chuckle, "how many time has it been that I've told you no horseplay in the den, hm? At least a hundred times, right? Shaking my damn head....You have to be more careful arounf precious things. They might not last forever , ya know?" She pulls the photo in front of them as the youngters make themselves more comfortable in her lap. A nostalgic smile graces her older features. She places a kiss to the back of Nerohito's head and ruffles Awa's hair before she urges the both of them of her lap. Before she stands up, she gives Hanta a chaste peck on the lips, hands him the photograph, and begins to dodder towards the entrance of the engawa.

        "I'm gonna go ahead and start the prep for dinner. I can trust that you'll keep them out of trouble until then, right my honey?" Before he can even think she makes her way into the house and leaves the other three to their own devices. The elder Sero snickers to himself befor he stands up and stretches his back with multiple loud pops and cracks. He smiles lazily at the other two and jerks his head to signal that they should follow him inside. They makey their way quietly to a large study near the front of the house and they all take seats, Hanta in the office chair and the other two in the bean bags strewn around the room.

        "There is a long story behind this photo, ya know? Its the very product of years of love, care and dedication between two people. But then again the same can be said about Nero's papa." Hanta finishes with a chuckle. He starts to rummage through one of the drawers in the desk and pulls out an extra picture frame. Spinning his chair to face the kids he fixes the picture into the frame. Soon he passes it between the two and clears his throat.

        The young Bakugou raises a sassy eyebrow as she grabs the framed photo. Nerohito looks at the picture over her shoulder in curiosity before pointing his confused look to his grandfather. The older Sero clears his throat before he reclines more comfortably into his chair. His wrinkled features blissed out in a look of sentimentality as he gazed between the two in his company before he places his gaze on the framed portrait.

        "It all starts almost sixty years ago, back when Nero's Granny and I as well and Awa's Grandparents were some spring chickens. Katsuki, Ochacco, and myself had graduated from Yuuei about two years prior to that. I was on patrol with Awa's grandpa when I met the love of my life, when I met (L/n) (F/n).

The very first time

That I saw your brown eyesYour lips said hello and I said hi
I knew right then you were the one