Sorting Hat

Sorry for the late update. Here is the next chapter

(Kari's POV)

I couldn't wipe off the smirk on my face while I remembered everyone's faces. I entered the bathroom and pulled out the uniform. Ugh, all black and white. I changed quickly so Mat wouldn't wonder if I had gone to the next school. When I got out, he was there looking at a pretend watch on his wrist.

"Ah, there you are," He began, "I was wondering what happened to you." He smiled in a devious way that I returned him the same grin.

"Let's go to the compartment." I nodded. He made his way through the train finally stopping before one compartment. There were a couple of kids inside. I could see them talking but I couldn't hear the words distinctly.

"Hey everyone," the conversation stopped at we walked in. Everyone looks at me, then a blonde headed said:

"Who's the new kid, Mat?"

"She's my cousin, Lucius," Mat replies. I wave and give them a sinister grin.

"His older cousin to be exact. My name is Karina but my friends and family call me Kari or Ina," I say. The teens nod and then introduced themselves: Narcissa, Regulas, Bellatrix, Avery, Lucius, and a couple who mumbled their names. I watched closely and could see most them were nervous around me. I couldn't blame them. The Swifts were, for some reason, the most respected family of the Slytherins and most purebloods. I decide to just look through the door to watch the people walk past. Soon, I became lost in my thoughts...

*time skip to the Hogwarts feast*

I could literally hear the hat shout the names from behind the doors. I had to wait for the first years to be sorted and then came me. Suddenly, I heard maniac-like laugh. I turned my head and saw a poltergeist.

"A transfer, eh. My name is Peeves." He laughed again. I grinned he reminded me of my pranking friends in Italy.

"Ina, sooooo do you like to prank?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Yes indeed I do."

"GREAT! Cause I do too. It's just I don't want to be caught, so I might wait for next year. You want to be allies?" I bat my eyelashes a lot.

"Of course," Peeves chuckles, " it wouldn't be smart to not be allies with an Italian prankster." I roll my eyes and wave as he leaves.

"And now for our transfer from Italy," the headmaster says. I quickly whirl around and face the kids. I walk to the entrance of the doors

The elderly lady, who had introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, called out my name.

"Swift, Karina." Most of the kids gasped and whispered. Others glared at me as I swiftly (pun intended) walked to the hat. I sat on the stool and the hat landed on my head.

Well well another Swift. ( the hat)

How are you? (Karina talking to the hat)

Snarky aren't you. You have a lot of bravery, you'd do well in Gryffindor. But wait your sly side is showing. My, my you have a lot intelligence. But most of it's to be sneaking around and more like that? I sense your sentimental side to your family.

Just get on with it.

I believe that answers everything. Better be...SLYTHERIN!!!

The slytherins started cheering and high fiving each other. I think I even saw some of them exchange money. I joined their table and sat beside Matthew. The headmaster stood up and waved his hands:

"May this year be a light for all of us," with that he sat down and food appeared. I mean FOOD! Good food! All the slytherins began congratulating me.

WHOA! What you think? Please vote and comment. If you have further suggestions for the next chapters, I'm all ears.

Signing out

RomeoMc