Chapter 13

A few hours later the doctors informed us that Angelica had been transferred up to the cardiac unit. We could go up and see her, one at a time of course.

"Who goes first?" I asked.

"Peter" Roland said.

Peter nodded as he walked down the hall.

"I'll be back in a few minutes" he explained.

I woke in a hospital room. Confused for only a minute, I quickly remembered how I got here. I was pissed. Pissed off at my brothers for calling the ambulance, pissed off at having to come at the hospital. I would have been fine come morning! Sitting up I found myself wearing a hospital gown.

"Great" I whispered.

My brothers had to be close, in the waiting room probably, and hopefully one of them brought clothes. Just then I heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Peter popped his head through.

"Angelica Gracie" he said.

I turned to look at him, a cold expression on my face.

"Did you bring me a change of clothes?" I asked.

Peter nodded, holding out the duffle bag. Peter came forward and dropped the duffle bag on the table. I sat up more as before wincing.
"Ow!" I exclaimed.

"What happened?!" Peter asked, worriedly.

I moved a part of my hospital dress down to reveal stickers and wires.
"The stupid hospital wires, I hate them" I whispered.

Carefully, I got out of bed and hobbled over to the bathroom, grabbing the duffle bag on the way. Closing the door, I dropped the duffle bag on the bathroom counter. The bathroom wasn't that nice with a plain white tile which lined the floor, along with an assisted toilet and bathtub. I sighed as I unzipped the duffle.
"So, who else is here?" I called.

I rummaged around in the duffle, pulling out a pair of light gray sweatpants and white camisole.

"The twins, Roland, and Dallas" Peter explained.

I threw on the clothes before digging around and finding my light brown Uggs and a light pink shrug.

"Dallas?" I asked.

"Yeah" Peter replied.

I opened the bathroom door before saying
"Can you send him in?"

Peter gave me a confused look, but I wasn't in a mood to talk with my brothers right now.

"Sure" he replied.

We were all sitting in the waiting room for ten minutes before Peter came out.

"Dallas, you're up" he explained.

I looked at Peter confused.

"Doesn't Angelica want to see the twins or Roland?" I asked.

Peter shook his head.
"No, she asked for you"

I nodded as I walked down the hall. Angelica had been moved into room four. I looked at all the numbers until I came to it, raising a hand to knock on the door.

"Angelica?" I asked.

I opened the door slowly and poked my head in. The room was large with white flooring, a standard hospital bed, TV in the corner, a table and plastic couch. By the window, perched on the edge was Angelica.

"Angel" I said.

Angelica turned her head to look at me. Various wires were attached to her, running to different machines. She gave me a small smile.
"Dallas" she said.