𝕆ℕ𝔼

"Miss Choi, we need you to cooperate with us. This is serious information we need from you." The officer had a slight hiss to his deep tone.

Currently, the officer was questioning my grandmother about the crimes of a certain mafia she was involved in years ago when she was younger.

"Who's the kid beside you? Is he one of you too?" A female officer asks from the corner of the small room, eyeing me up and down.

"Im Miss Choi's caretaker." I simply state, playing my role.

"What's your name?" The male officer then glances at me.

"Lee Y/n, Sir." I grip onto my grandmother's wheelchair, "And im not a kid. Im 23" I add with a bit of a hint of annoyance.

The officers both look at each other. Nodding their heads before they both turn their pathetic heads towards us.

"You're free to leave, we'll call once we find something." The brunette then opens the door for us.

Hesitantly, I push my grandmother's wheelchair through the open door and start making my way out of the police station.

I have to admit, even though it was my grandmother answering all the questions I felt a little too nervous, Granny hasn't spoken after the last question and it shows that she's been through a lot. Yes she may be a harmless old lady but her past is darker than what you thinks it is.

Back then she was apart of one of the most powerful people in Korea. She supposedly the leader, or heir to the family she was in once her parents passed away. What she didn't know was that she was now the heir to the family, only fifteen and already having to follow in the footsteps of her family traditions. Yes she could've  let it all go and lived a non crime life but she would still me apart of the family.

She'd be wanted killed, and if she left.. she'd be powerless toward the rest trying to take the family's place. So she stayed, kept the family name and had a kid at sixteen. She young and naive, love got the best of her and there came my mother, next in line.

My mother had the same ambition as my Grandmother. She knew the rule all too well and took place of the throne. She was crueler than anyone and got the family further than anyone else has done before. There was an arranged marriage between her and my father, another mafia leader, except his wasn't necessarily a family.

Then I was born. A new member of the Choi Family. My mother died giving birth to me, well that's what my father said when he took me in for his own. Even though he wasn't my biological father he took care of me for a while. Before he found out the truth.

The truth about my mother's affair, soon after he was assassinated by one of his mortal enemies.

Everyone was assassinated. Anyone with the family blood was killed. All except me and my grandmother. They  spared her thinking she was too old to do anything. What they didn't know was me. I was hidden from the public once I was born due to my mother not wanting me dead at a young age.

I wish i knew my family a little better, they may have all been criminals but they where family. I matured quickly after all that, already had the mind of a teenager once i turned eight, had the word of revenge written everywhere. I was raised by my Grandmother and biological father that we tracked down. I was trained, being prepared for what was to come. People have tried to eliminate my grandmother a few times once more Mafia groups appeared, we were still on top of the chain in history. We were history.