Chapter One

"Breathe, Tonks. Breathe." The young Auror muttered as she stood before the large house. Her hair flashed from brown to light purple as she reached for the door handle.

"Tonks! Oh sweetie do come in, it's been too long!" A curly red haired woman opened the door and pulled her into a tight hug. Her hair flashed from purple to pink as she realized who she was hugging.

"Mrs. Weasley, how are you?" The young witch said, walking into the beautiful house.

"Nymohadora, get in here. You're late." Tonks recognized the voice immediately.

"Don't. Call me. Nymphadora." She said angrily, her hair turning dark orange as she made eye contact with Moody. It then turned pink as she walked over, realizing that the rest of the Order was sitting quietly at the kitchen table. She recognized all but one. A man with messy brown hair sat silently at the table, staring at her hair as it went from pink to violet. His face was adorned with large scars and his clothing was tattered and torn. Walking towards the table she tripped, but just before her forehead collided with the table, a strong hand caught her and picked her up.

She looked up and to her surprise,  it was the scarred man.

"I- oh. Thank you."

"Don't mention it. You must be Nymphadora Tonks. I am Remus Lupin." He said with a crooked smile as he held out his hand.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach, but ignoring them she took his hand and shook it.

"Lovely to meet you, but please just call me Tonks"

Lupin smiled and pulled out a chair next to him, motioning for Tonks to sit. Smiling awkwardly she sat down, glancing over at Lupin. They made eye contact and her stomach fluttered.

"What's wrong with me?" She thought, shaking her head, bringing her attention back to Moody.

"Thank you all for coming today. As you all know, Voldemort is back, which is why I have invited you all here today. The Order of the Phoenix is needed once again. I suppose introductions will be needed. Everyone, this is Remus Lupin. He used to be a professor at Hogwarts until-"

Lupin glared at him.

"Moody that is not necessary."

"Come now Lupin, they'll find out eventually."

Lupin sighed and sank back into his chair, glancing over at Tonks once again.

"As I was saying," Moody growled. "This is Remus Lupin, who used to be the defense against the dark arts  professor at Hogwarts unti-"

Interrupting him again, Lupin stood up abruptly.

"I am a werewolf, and I knew that parents wouldn't feel comfortable with someone of my kind teaching their children if they found out, so I had to resign.

He nervously looked around the room, waiting for a reaction. But instead, they remained silent, and didn't even flinch (a reaction he was used to by now). He looked at Tonks, half expecting her to move her chair away from him, but instead she stayed, looking directly into his dark grey eyes. He awkwardly sat down, folding his scarred dirty hands in his lap.

Moody's magic eye spun and focused on Tonks.

"For those of you who don't know, this is Nymphadora Tonks. She's an Auror."

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You seem so young to be an Auror." Lupin asked, looking at Tonks.

"Twenty three. I was trained by Moody, he's the reason I even got into the Ministry. And before anyone asks, I'm a metamorphmagus."

Impressed, Lupin sat back in his seat, fidgeting with the loose thread on the edge of his tattered suit. Tonks smiled and looked down at her feet, wondering what this new feeling was in the pit of her stomach.

"Ok now that we're done with introductions we can begin. Who here can form a full Patronus?"

"I can." Said Tonks. "Mine is a jack rabbit." she said with a smile. "I've never been sure of why..." Lupin smiled warmly at her.

"Anybody else?"

"I can." Said Lupin quietly. "Mine is a wolf."

Everyone remained silent.

"Alright, if that's everyone then I will give you your assignments.  Tonks, Lupin, you two will be in charge of keeping the grounds of Hogwarts safe, but you must stay out of sight, especially you, Lupin. We must make sure the children are safe, but without alarming any parents."

Tonks' heart skipped a beat. Excitement grew in her chest as she realized that she would be working for the mysterious wizard seated next to her for the next few months. She glanced over at him and quickly looked away when she realized that  his gaze was already upon her.

"Does he? No... that's not possible..."She thought as she once again made eye contact with him.

"And Lupin, before you go, I need to give you something. Severus made wolfsbane for you." Moody said as he adjusted the strap that held his eye in place.

"And do you really think we can trust Severus, Moody?" Molly asked, eyeing the small vial.

"He's part of the order, Molly. We have no choice but to trust him, especially since Dumbledore trusts him." Kingsley said sternly.

Moody gave out the rest of the assignments and dismissed everyone. Suddenly, someone hugged Tonks from behind. It was Ginny.

"Ginny!" Tonks exclaimed excitedly as she spun around the young witch in her arms.

"Tonks, do the trick!"

Giggling, Tonks' nose suddenly began to change, and took the shape of a pig. She snorted and chased after Ginny, who was squealing with delight. Just as Tonks turned the corner, she collided with a tall figure. It was of course Lupin.

"Oh Mr. Lupin I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!"

Lupin raised his hand and shook his head as he laughed."

"No no, it's alright. And please, call me Remus. We are going to be working together after all." He smiled as he picked up his tattered jacket from the ground. "I will see you on Monday, Nymphadora."

Tonks stared at him as he walked out the door, too shocked to correct him on her name. But if she was being honest, she really didn't mind.