Bright lights, that's what woke me up; not my mom gently knocking on my door, not the sizzling of bacon while it was frying, not some annoying little bird or my ass of a cat, no, it was bright hospital lights.

Opening my eyes, a bit I decide that I would rather not have white hot suns directly above me. Turning my head to the side, I notice empty chairs and empty cups of what I would assume was coffee. Closing my eyes, I try to block out the annoyingly bright lights and figure out what's going on.

*

It smells too clean. I hate opening my eyes again, I notice the T.V's on but turned down; 'Victim of hate crime, now hospitalized' , It hit me harder then the baseball bats, harder then the hockey pucks, and almost as heard as the truck they used to finish it all off.

Holding my breath, I cover my eyes hoping by some miracle that they don't know, but I'm expecting the worst.

Sitting up and sighing, I try to compose myself before who ever is here comes back and tries to finish what those ass-for-brains didn't. Dear god, please, please don't let me die yet, I just want to see my beloved Levi one last time, who'll feed him when I'm gone?

"Viktor?"

Being pulled out of my internal most privet thoughts-and worrying over the well-being of my cat- I realize that a nurse was standing near my bed. I've never seen someone look at me with so much pity in their eyes.

"Viktor, you're awake! How are you feeling now?"

I looked back to the T.V, which was still buzzing with whatever other stories they felt 'newsworthy'.

" What do you think." I murmured, watching the news anchor pointing around herself.

"Viktor, I'll be needing to change your I.V now, is that alright?"

Turning my head, a bit to glance at her I took a breath then lifted my arm that had the I.V attached to it. Understanding that I was alright with the situation, she quickly went to retrieve a cart of needles that she could use to poke at my arm.

"Alright Viktor, this might hurt a bit, but not too much alright? Okay big breath now."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed and continued holding my arm out, waiting for her to finish doing her job.

"Alright Viktor, all done!

sighing and laying back down I listened as my nurse started cleaning and disposing of all the needles and cotton, she used to change my I.V.

"Viktor, your Doctor will be in shortly to talk to you, alright?" nodding my head I watched out of the corner of my eye as she silently left the room. Letting out a breath of relief I laid back down and tried to remember everything that had happened that night, but all I got was static, lightheaded, and pain all over. Turning my head, I looked back to the door and groaned.

' damn'

That's all I could think given the situation. 'Maybe I'm dreaming. if I close my eyes and count to 12, I'll wake up in my room.' Closing my eyes, I counted hoping that this nightmare would end; But as luck would have it, I opened my eyes and was still stuck in this god-awful room with this damn I.V still stuck in my arm.

'damn' I thought while closing my eyes and trying to relax only to jolt up with a sudden realization; It's all over the news. The only person that came back was the nurse and I know this is a shit situation, but she shouldn't have looked at me with so much sympathy. With tears burning my eyes like little flames, I let down every wall and barrier I'd ever put up, reality didn't just slap me in the face, no, it punched me over, and over, and over gain in the face until I was gasping and choking for air.