Chapter 3: An Awkward Lunch

Harry picked at his food trying to pay attention to Ron and Seamus argue about Quidditch.

"The Chudley Cannons are eons better than them! They got bloody lucky for once in their life at the worst possible time!" Seamus yelled indignantly.

"If you call winning all the games this season luck then i don't want to know what you think of Harry beating Malfoys arse every time they play!" Ron argued back.

"That's totally different and you know it!" Seamus cried. "Harry's just better than Malfoy at Quidditch!"

Rod prodded Harry.

"Mate, c'mon help me out here. This bloody idiot" he glared at Seamus."Thinks the Chudley cannons are actually good at Quidditch."

"Oi!" Seamus cried out as Ron scoffed. Ron looked closely back at Harry.

"Mate? What's wrong? You've barely eaten." He asked. Harry looked back at Ron.

"Yea i'm fine just not hungry is all" He replied.

"Alright.." Ron replied and went back to arguing with Seamus. Hermione looked closely at Harry.

"Harry? Are you sure you're alright? Are you coming down with something? Maybe you should see Madam Pomfrey." She asked worriedly gazing at Harry's plate and probably thinking of how out of it he'd been last night.

"What? No, Hermione i'm fine." Harry replied alarmed at the thought that Hermione might figure out what happened. Herminoe furrowed her brows but nodded and went back to eating and talking with Ginny. Harry sighed and looked across the room to Malfoy. Malfoy was staring at him and when he realized Harry was looking his eyes widened and he started eating again. Harry tipped his head to the side in confusion. Ron tugged at his arm trying to engage him again in the argument against the Chudley Cannons. Harry tore his eyes away from Malfoy's blonde head and tried to figure out what Seamus and Ron were talking about.

*****

Malfoy got up, finished with his lunch and started to head out of the Great Hall. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Potter get up as well and start to head towards him. Draco sped up determined not to let Potter catch up to him. As he walked through the doors Potter started running and Draco ground his teeth together. The bloody idiot didn't realize curious eyes were watching the Chosen one run after the known Death Eater. Though for some reason Potter still hasn't told anyone about Draco kissing him, the idiot Gryffindor was going to start the rumor mill anyways which in some ways was worse. Harry caught up to him just after he got out of the Great Hall.

"Malfoy!" He said as he touched Draco's shoulder slowing him down. Draco jerked his shoulder and turned around.

"What do you want Potter?" he asked cooly as the door slammed shut behind them. Harry hesitated.

"Um- I-" He stopped again

"Spit it out Potter '' Draco said thoroughly annoyed yet amused at Harry though he didn't let him know that.

Harry bit his lip and Draco stared at it. Making an effort to tear his gaze away as Harry started talking.

"Why weren't you at breakfast?" he asked suddenly. Draco stared at him.

"I overslept" he answered simply wondering why on earth Potter cared enough to chase him down after lunch.

"Oh" Harry said breathing out really fast. He ran his fingers through his hair. "Um, ok then" he said. He turned around, pulled open the door and walked through. Draco noting the curious glances he was getting and some glares his way questioning why Harry Potter would grace his presence by doing him the honor of talking to him. Draco snorted as the door closed wondering what in Merlin that was about and shook his head. He hurried back to the Slytherin dorms to get his books for next class.

*****

Hey, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading :)