Chapter 4: Detention

*****

Harry was walking through the halls after his last class was dismissed earlier than usual. He was berating himself yet again for running after Malfoy without having a clue what to say to him after he caught up to him. He wasn't paying any attention to what was happening around him. Because of that Harry turned the corridor and ran straight into Professor Snape.

"Oomph" Harry grunted as he stumbled sideways and hit his head on a painting. It laughed, quelling it's giggles after Professor Snape glared at it.

"Potter! Watch where you're going!" Snape barked, glaring at Harry. "Twenty points from Gryffindor for being a complete bumbling idiot" Snape snapped, clearly in a bad mood.

"That wasn't my fault!" Harry said without thinking while wincing and rubbing his head. His eyes widened as he realized what he just said. Snape narrowed his eyes dangerously.

"And detention for talking back to your teachers" Snape added coldy. Harry sighed and nodded, resigned.

"Mr. Malfoy should be along any minute now, and you two can clean the potions classroom top to bottom." Snape said gesturing at the Potions classroom across the hall. "The first years exploded a cauldron in there today so it might take a bit longer than usual." Snape added his mouth turning up slightly at the corners which was as good as a full out grin on him. Harry's eyes widened though he didn't know which was worse, the fact that Malfoy would be there or having to clean up exploded cauldron without magic. Snape swept off and Harry rolled his eyes and walked into the classroom. He rubbed his forehead sure he would have a headache after hours of using the incredibly strong smelling soap Snape had. He heard a noise behind him and turned around to see Malfoy glaring at him. He glared right back since he was already in a horrible mood. Malofy narrowed his eyes.

"Exactly what are you doing here Potter?" He asked. Harry rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I have detention too Malfoy and Snape thought it would add to my punishment to have you there as well." Malfoy rolled his eyes and walked past him into the supply closet to grab a rag, soap, and dip it in the bucket of water sitting on the floor. He stalked over to Snape's desk and began wiping it down. Harry stared at his hand clenching the rag with his long pale fingers wiping aggressively back and forth at the desk. After a few seconds Malfoy stopped and Harry looked up at his face surprised.

"Are you going to stand there gawking the whole time Potter or are you going to help? He snapped. Harry blushed but didn't look away.

"Just surprised you actually know how to clean Malfoy." Harry responded, lifting his chin. Malfoy sneered

"Whatever Potter, just start with the desks would you." He looked down at finished wiping the desk and headed over to the board. Harry blinked and head over to grab a rag. They worked in silence until Harry couldn't take it anymore.

"So." Harry started. Malfoy looked up and glared, white blonde strands of hair falling into his eyes. Forehead already beaded with sweat.

"Are you physically incapable of being quiet for five minutes Potter?" He asked. Harry glared back at him.

"Yea i am, sorry bout that Malfoy," he answered. Malfoy rolled his eyes. Harry started again. "Why did whoever you were playing truth or dare with dare you to kiss me?" he asked

Malfoy stopped cleaning and hesitated. After awhile he answered

"I was playing with Pansy and Blaise" Harry scrunched his brows together.

"Ooook..." he said, confused. "Do Slytherins just randomly dare their friends to kiss people they hate then?" Draco blinked.

"No, of course not" he answered looking at Harry as if he were an imbecile.