Chapter 25

Vikram and Sneha were back to normal the next morning because Sneha had cooked his favorite breakfast. When it came to food he was a huge softie and Sneha always used this to her advantage.

Juhi was grumpy because of last night. She didn't understand what was wrong with her. Why was she getting affected with such things? Her mind was not at peace. She got into the car to make way to office. Today her goal was to think of a way to get him out of this project.

Juhi had set her stuff down and rushed immediately to Vikram's office. To her surprise the door didn't
open.

She looked around to see Sneha's office was locked as well. She looked at the watch and found it was 8: 15, shouldn't he be here already?

Frowning she started back to her desk.

It was not until 9:30 did Vikram arrive with Sneha by his side. He was a whole 1 and 1/2 hour late!

What was he doing that caused him to be late?

She knew for a fact that he was a punctual man. Dismissing the thoughts, she again went for his cabin.

She was met with Sneha in the hallway who smiled and allowed her to go in. Vikram was on a call with someone.

He had greeted her with his eyes and asked her to take a seat. Just like that he was back to the phone. She sat in front of him waiting for his call to be done.

Vikram hanged up and turned towards Sneha with a hum. Alongside he was grabbing the notepad and pen. He started making notes. When he heard no answer from Juhi, he frowned
" Juhi, what is it? I'm busy."

" Yes, sorry for delaying."

He had nodded, attention still on the notepad " I'm here to talk about Jodphur land."

This caught his attention, " Ofcourse, go ahead!"

" A friend of mine had visited the PWD as the land was bought from government. There after a few talks she got to know that the construction permissions are with Mr. Ashok Verma. He has paid the officers double to not allow the construction to start until he allows. That's why the project never started despite being on the floor for almost a year." She concluded.

Vikram frowned at her, " Any specific reasons, why he would be interested in the land?"

Juhi thought for a second before she replied, " He was an active participant in the auction. Somehow, he did not win. He has made offers to us multiple times about joining hands for Jodhpur."

Vikram got up from his seat and stopped in front of the windows. His back was to her.
He hummed and asked for a solution.
She said, " We could negotiate with him?"

" How?", his voice was distant.

" We could ask him to be partners with us?"

Vikram laughed sarcastically, " Really? He is my rival. Have you forgotten?"he still had not turned.

" Then we can out buy the PWD?"

" I don't want to waste money on them."his voice was chilled.

" Then what do we do?"

" Take the project off the floor!" this time he turned to look at her. She was shocked to hear that. Gulping down she asked, " Why will we do that? This project needs to be done in next 3 years."

" Just do as I say!" his voice was calm but held authority. Juhi couldn't dismiss that.
She nodded.

" Then what am I supposed to do here?"

" Go back to your company. I'll see you in a few days time."

Juhi had just plainly nodded while Vikram had turned his back to her. She felt different.

This was not the Vikram she knew. He was somebody else.

In that moment she had not seen the tight clench of Vikram's fist.

He was doing this to protect her. She just did not know about it.