Chapter 39

It had been Eighteen hours since the accident.

Eighteen hours of pure torture for Vikram and his mother.

He had friends that anybody would want, those two came silently in the middle of the night to support him. No words were exchanged just a hug and pat on the back. They sat for hours in the night praying for the safety of Mr. Raheja. When the first ray of sun shone his friends bid goodbye to him.

At seven in the morning, his mother arrived with food in her delicate hands.

He stared at her longingly, yet she was unknown to that. When she got closer to him, he had masked his emotions.

She frowned at her son,
" When did you come here?"

Vikram cleared his throat and said, " Thirty minutes. I have been waiting for the doctor to arrive."

She sighed and sat beside him. She offered him breakfast, which he was quick to deny saying, " He already had food."

She nodded and slipped into silence.

Vikram's head was bursting with question after question. He checked his phone to divert his mind. To his surprise there were two missed calls from Juhi and a message which was sent late at night.

J: Vikram, where have you been? I gave you space and you disappeared from the face of Earth. How are you so irresponsible that you can't even contact and inform me?
Rahul is more responsible he at least answered his phone and said you must be at the hospital.

Vikram sighed and did not respond.

He was not in the mood.

He had not slept a wink at night and when the hustle bustle of morning starts he is hammered by these two women. He was frustrated beyond words.

Thankfully, the doctor arrived and went inside the ICU. They waited anxiously for his arrival.

He came out and greeted the duo, " Mr. Raheja is doing well now. He has responded well to the medicines. He should be awake in a while."
Vikram thanked him and the doctor nodded and got back to work.

A few minutes later, he recieved a call from Sneha, " You have a few meetings. One of them is for Delhi hotel. Should I postpone?"

He was about to answer when he felt a glare on his head. He lifted his head to look at the source to find out it was Juhi.

He sighed and replied, " Schedule them for the afternoon. I will be back in two hours."

He hanged up and resumed staring at the wall in front of his eyes.

Juhi's father noticed the tension between them. It was quite palpable. He thought there was only one option, give the two their own space.

Juhi was beyond angry. That irresponsible man didn't answer her calls and messages, yet he found time to talk about business. He didn't even spare a second longer glance at her.

All of a sudden the doctor, not just any but the one who was Mr. Raheja's doctor ran inside the ICU.

Everybody present held their breaths.

After a few agonizing moments, he came out. He directly went and stood beside Vikram and said, " Your dad is awake. No complications. Just needs rest for full recovery. He will be shifted to the VIP room and then discharged after 24 hours of observation."

Vikram smiled gratefully at him and thanked him.

The doctor cheekily replied, " Don't think I haven't noticed Mr. Raheja, you have to go home now. Otherwise I would be tending to you in a few hours." Vikram chuckled at him.

The doctor excused himself and went back to work.

Vikram was the centre of attention of every other member of his family, but he didn't pay attention to them.

He was about to head towards his father's room when his phone beeped repeatedly. He checked the lock screen and various messages were there, amongst them one stood out. It was from Verma.

Verma: False alarm, my dear friend. Don't worry you would get the news in a few minutes.

This message was sent a few minutes back. He opened other messages to find out,
" Rahul Sinha pushed by unknown from the top of a two storey building."

Vikram shivered.

He couldn't breathe suddenly.

For all he knew, Rahul would be dead by now. He chased the negative thoughts away and called Sneha.

She answered on second ring and said, " I'm on my way to city Hospital. He is in emergency room." She had hanged up without further talk.

He leaped to his foot and took the stairs down. His heart was in his hand. He was praying to almighty for the survival of his friend.

In the ER he asked about Rahul, they said he was in surgery and was pointed the direction of the same Operation room, where a day back he prayed for the wellness of his father.

He walked weakly to the doors of the OR but before he could complete his journey, he was stabbed.

Stabbed in the back by someone.

He turned around to see the attacker but was unsuccessful.

His body collapsed in front of the OR with nobody around.

Perhaps he would bleed to death.

Author's note:

Rahul in OR!

Vikram stabbed!

Sneha's giving me killer looks🥺🥺

Stay tuned to see whether her glare works or not😉