𝙎𝙋𝙇𝙄𝙏

Clint Barton x reader
Broken up couple
2017

You and Clint had been broken up for four months, you didn't expect to see Clint at your job. You were a nurse. You were now dating one of the doctors, and you seemed very happy with your new life.
When you heard about Clint, you couldn't believe it.

As his bed was rolled into a room, you gingerly touch his bed, he had some in from a car crash. "Mr. Barton? Can you hear me? Can you give me a squeeze to my hand?" You ask while feeling a light squeeze to your hand, "Thank you. Mr. Barton." You say again while trying to get him to stay awake while the other nurses work on his wounds. 4 of his ribs were cracked and both of his hips were broken.

"Am I gonna die?" He asked aloud while you adjusted his hips back in place, "You'll be fine, Mr. Barton." You replied softly, your hand touched his forehead, "Just squeeze my hand if you want something. Ok?" You wanted to cry, but didn't. Your heart broke, when you heard Clint call out in pain, you exhale and watched as the other nurses worked on your loved one.

A little while later

Before you could go check on Clint, you groan feeling your Boyfriend's hand on your forearm, pulling away, you speak up, "What?" You ask, your eyes sharp. Deep down, you knew your boyfriend didn't like that Clint was distracting you.

"Who's that in the room?" He asks, his sharp dark eyes narrowing while watching you, "No one. No one at all." You reply with a sharp exhale, "Now excuse me, I need to give him his medication." You reply then storm down to Clint's room. As you entered his room, you hear some light breathing sounds and a beep over head.

As you walk closer to his bed, you see him stirring yet he calms and goes back to sleep. Inserting the needle into the iv, you hear him wake up once more. You smile, "Good morning. Mr Barton." You say while finishing up your tasks in his room, "Do you have anyone you can call to let them know your ok?" You ask softly as you notice Clint's eyes opening, "Uh....no...I live alone." He replied lowly, his voice so dry and cracked, "Can I get something to drink?" He asks softly, when he notices its you, he squints before smiling faintly at you.

You smile back, your boyfriend hadn't been treating you well, and it showed. You then snap out of your trance of staring at Clint.

"(Y/n), are you ok?" He asks softly, he winced at the pain in his side. You fake a smile, "Yeah. Just barely." You reply before feeling like you couldn't speak to him anymore. You back away, "Sorry, Clint. I can't." You back away from him for a moment before continuing your work elsewhere, leaving Clint speechless.

You avoided Clint's room for days, you didn't even see him, you were too hurt to speak to him. There was something deep down inside of you that made you not want to even see him.

Hours...

Days....

Weeks.....

Months.......

December, 2017

You hadn't seen Clint the day he left. He desperately looked for you, but of course, you couldn't come to terms of talking to him. You couldn't. You were afraid. Your boyfriend from work, was cheating on you and the day Clint showed up at your door, you collapsed into his arms. You were happy to see him. This was the day, he purposed to you. You had to say yes.

When he asked you, you were shocked as he leaned on one knee on your front porch in the snow and rain, "(Y/n)? Will you marry me?" He asks softly while smiling at you. Of course, you say "Yes! Yes of course!" You let him put the ring on your finger. Clint had planned this for years. But he had never found the time.

You both were now one. One in the same.

————————————————