1 [ English Version ]

~

                                                                ~

-Tae? Are you asleep?

A small and gentle hand landed on his back, gently shaking him. [Taehyung], a 7-year-old boy opened his eyes, sleep still present. [Jimin], his twin brother, was leaning over him with bright eyes. He had a big smile on his face, slightly taunting.

-I want to play together, continued Jimin, letting his brother sit on his bed, his hands rubbing his eyes.
– Play? But it's night, Mother and Father will not be happy to know that we played instead of sleeping, Taehyung said as his twin brother's smile diminished.

Taehyung's heart tightened a little as he saw the spark of fun disappear from Jimin's eyes as he descended from his brother's bed and joined his own, dragging his feet. With a sigh, Taehyung hurried down from his bed and arrested Jimin.

-No one must know," said Taehyung. "I don't want our parents to be mad at us."

Jimin looked at him for a few moments, silent, before smiling again, his eyes wrinkled with happiness. He took Taehyung's hand in his hand and approached the door, opening it with the least noise possible.

Their room was a few corridors away from that of their parents, both located in the east wing of the Castle in which they lived. Silence reigned, their footsteps sounding faintly against the walls of the corridor in which they stood. The two brothers took care to look around them, aware that they had to be sleeping and not walking around the castle, unattended.

As they approached the ballroom, they accelerated, holding back their laughter of excitement. Jimin drew Taehyung more quickly and finally pushed the door of the big room, taking the time to close it as quietly as possible, not to attract the attention of the guards who could patrol the halls to ensure the safety of the Royal family.

- Tae ! Laugh Jimin, no longer standing.
– Calm down, I understood, gently laughs Taehyung while extending his hands before him. What do you want me to create this time? The last time it was a snowman, Taehyung remembered.
– Yes Van, he was so cute, roucoula Jimin before leaning towards his brother. And if we skated... Could you create a little ice rink for us?
-'Your wish is my command', Prince Jimin tenderly mocked Taehyung, closing his eyes.

A cloud of steam escaped from his mouth before he laid his hands on the ground, the
floor covering itself with a layer of ice thick enough to slip on without problems.

-'You are truly incredible, Tae,' Jimin shone, holding him in his little arms.
-"Let's go," invited Tae and he creates ice skates on their slippers.

Dragging him on the ice, Taehyung began to circle, making Jimin laugh at his behavior. Taehyung could see that his brother was having a bit of trouble coping on his own, so he took the time to accompany him in every step. His smile only extended when he saw that Jimin was having a good time.

Jimin had always been impressed by Taehyung's powers, although he didn't know why he had them in the first place and not Jimin. It was a mystery. Taehyung was a mystery himself. Even his parents were surprised to see that he could create ice and snow.

Taehyung was afraid at first. He thought he wasn't normal, a monster. He was afraid to hurt those around him. Why was he the only one with powers? Some of the castle's employees were afraid of him and avoided him, plunging him even more into uncertainty. But Jimin had never been afraid of him. He even looked at him with stars in his eyes, more and more sparkling with each new creation of ice that he made. He trusted him and even pushed him to use his ice.

– 'Tae! Look, I know how to skate like you now', called out to Jimin not paying attention to keep his voice down, the joy on his face.

Taehyung smiled at him, joining him quickly.

It was thanks to Jimin, his twin, that he accepted himself and no longer asked questions. He was no longer afraid.

They both fell asleep on the ground that Taehyung had taken the time to thaw. Their parents found them again in the morning, the anxiety turning into relief and tenderness at the sight of the two children huddled together. Queen Iduna raised Taehyung in her arms while King Agnarr did the same with Jimin. They looked at each other and their children. They were happy, that was the most important thing. No matter if Taehyung had a special gift, they were a close-knit family.

                                                                 ~