Chapter 1

I sat on the beach and watched the waves kiss the sand and retreat back to the ocean again and again. I saw several couples walking up and down the beach as the sun sets in the horizon. The beautiful oranges mixed with the dark purples as it helped the sky transition into night. I pull my legs to my chest and close my eyes to listen to the sound of the waves. I could hear the conversations of the couples sharing the beach with me. Most of them about how beautiful the sky was or how it didn't match the girl's beauty. I roll my eyes at the cheesy lines.

Every time I heard these lines, I wondered how it worked on girls. How would someone fall for something so silly? Of course, I knew the answer, my darling mother and siblings were to blame. Love made everyone so stupid and that caused the most heartaches in the world. Everyone always blamed bad things on Dad, but Mom was to blame for hurting everyone. Everyone was a victim of love, not war.

"Hey V, what are you doing out here?" Eros says from behind me. His long legs make quick work of the distance between us as he sits in the sand next to me. His blonde hair catches in the last remaining light and highlights his gorgeous face. He crosses his arms over his legs and gives me a grin. His blue eyes bore into mine as he looks me over.

"Nothing, I was just listening to the ocean." I tell him. It was true but there was an omission in that statement, and he knew it. He raises an eyebrow at me, and I shake my head and turn away. I didn't want to talk about it.

"V, talk to me. I'm your big brother and you're my favorite sister." He says as he puts an arm around my shoulder. I blow out a deep breath and look at him.

"I'm scared to go." I whisper. It was incredibly hard to admit that I was scared. I was hardly ever scared of anything.

"It's ok. You will do great in Olympus. I will be there with you as will Mom and Dad. It is time you went and met everyone. Your powers are growing, and you need to learn to use them there, so you do not wreak havoc here in the mortal realm." He tells me as he rubs a hand up and down my back. "Besides you will have fun there." He says with a wink.

I glare at him. "That is why I don't want to go. I don't need you or Mom's influence." I say through clenched teeth. His grin widens at my words. He and I had long talks about love. It was normal in our family, but I was the black sheep. I did not embrace it like the others, partly due to my powers.

"We don't influence you and you know it. You give off a vibe of pleasure and a passion that is out of this world and that is what attracts people to you. You can't help your powers. And you have Dad's powers which make you even more interesting." He says to me. I hated my power of pleasure. My siblings were the six types of love, while I inherited mother's ability for pleasure and passion. Dad had his own form of passion in his powers that were passed down to me. Passion of competition.

"Then how is anyone to love me for me and not just my powers. I heard Mom telling Dad I was more powerful than them and I would be highly sought after for it." I tell him as the tears spill down my cheeks. I was most scared of not being able to find true love in my life, Eros was the only one in my family to know that. His powers were closest to mine but still dull compared to mine.

"V, this is something that you will have to figure out with each partner. Gods and goddesses are not monogamous, and you know this. Your powers will be sought after to create children with the strongest strengths, yes. But you are insanely beautiful, kind, cunning, smart, passionate goddess and they will love you for those things, not your powers. I know you want to make sure it is real but with gods they indulge in fun and you should too." He tells me and I give him a weak smile. "Plus, you would kill anyone that broke your heart, much less Dad. You know you are his favorite and he would kill someone for harming you if you asked him too, otherwise he would watch while you do it. You are both bloodthirsty beings." He teases me.