Eleven.

taeyong paced back and forth inside his room

taeyong paced back and forth inside his room. his black tuxedo suit hung silently on his wardrobe cabinet. he should be starting to get ready for his engagement party tonight but he couldn't stop worrying about jennie.

this will be the evening wherein in she will be formally introduced as his fiancée and she has no idea that her life would drastically change after this. as he was growing up, taeyong and his other 3 dumbasses were constantly exposed to the glare of the spotlight and the media. he had long since accepted that his life was fair game to the paparazzi and he has learned to work around it.

but jennie, his sweet, and innocent best friend, is not used to that at all. she had enjoyed the feeling of anonymity all her life and she had always valued her privacy. how would she feel if she was suddenly thrust into the limelight and her life put out there for everybody to see?

he was starting to regret why he had put her in this position in the first place. if he hadn't asked her to marry him then she wouldn't be placed in this predicament right now.

why had he been so selfish and thought only of himself? he did not realize the trouble he was putting jennie through by allowing her to enter his world. he wanted so much to see her or even talk to her. he wanted to assure her that everything was going to be okay and that she didn't have to worry. hell, she must be scared out of her mind right now. she had almost fainted when she found out that eight hundred people were expected to be at the party that night.

eight hundred pairs of eyes would be watching her and scrutinizing her every move. it didn't help also that she was considered a commoner. it was a good thing however that jaehyun was first to break that status quo by marrying chaeyoung and the people were not as surprised as they were the first time it happened.

taeyong groaned helplessly. if he could only hear her voice for just a few seconds just to see if she's okay but unfortunately his mother had whisked jennie off early that morning and had forbidden him to talk to her. didn't she realize that he was going out of his mind here?

with a determined look on his face, taeyong snatched his cellular phone and dialed jennie's number. his mother couldn't be possibly there to guard her the whole time right? he waited it to ring three times until somebody answered.

"taeyong." his mother's voice was heard on the other line.

taeyong almost dropped his phone in surprise. well shit. "mom?" he asked not quite sure if he heard right.

"i distinctly remember telling you not to talk to jennie until tonight right?" his mother reminded him.

"i'm sorry mom, i really just want to know how she's doing. this is going to be a big night for her. i'm not sure how's she's going to take it." taeyong explained.