Twenty four.

taeyong lingered in the airport long after the flight had taken off

taeyong lingered in the airport long after the flight had taken off. he knew that he had to be on his way to the museum but his legs felt like lead. he had to admit that he was not in the mood to do anything right now. the thought of work was far from his mind and all he wanted was to go home and mope.

taeyong sat in the airport coffee shop as he watched people come and go. the airport was a threshold for hellos and goodbyes and taeyong watched in fascination as he saw people from all walks of life welcoming loved ones with smiles or bidding them goodbye with tears.

he gazed at a young couple hugging each other tightly. he felt a stab in the heart as he remembered jennie.

taeyong could not understand what was happening to him. there were new and unfamiliar feelings going on inside his heart and he was incapable of putting a label to it. all that he knew was that he felt strange. his heart was restless like it had lost something important and it would not settle until that something was found. much to his frustration he could not even figure out what it was.

after an hour of loitering around the airport like a little lost boy, taeyong finally dragged his feet towards his car and drove to the museum. taeyong plopped into his chair as he arrived at his office and stared into space. there were tons of paper work stacked on his table begging for his attention but he could not bring himself to look at them.

he was very much lost in his thoughts that he did not hear the door of his office open.

"earth to taeyong." madame lee's voice broke through his trance and he jumped in surprise. he looked at his mother sheepishly like a student caught not listening to his teacher.

"oh mom, i didn't hear you come in." taeyong said as he cleared his throat and reached for a folder on his desk. he felt embarrassed being caught by his mother day dreaming in the office.

"i hope that this is not a common occurrence taeyong." his mother scolded him although she had a small smile on her face as she looked at her son.

"not at all mom, you just caught me in a bad time." taeyong tried to explain as he opened the folder in front of him pretending to scan the notes written.

madame lee approached his desk and took a seat on the chair in front of him. "did jennie leave for new york already?" she inquired as soon as she settled herself.

taeyong looked up and gazed at his mother. "yes, i brought her to the airport this morning." he told her.

"that's good." madame lee said with a smile. "i'm sure that she's going to enjoy herself."

taeyong gave his mother a weak smile but did not say anything.

madame lee watched her son curiously. there seems to be a subtle change in her son but she could not exactly pinpoint what it was. all she could decipher was that her son had a lost look in his eyes. "why don't you have dinner in the house tonight?" she asked. she knew that this would be her son's first time to have dinner alone after six months.