Announcement at Durmstrang 1

I rolled out of my favorite Durmstrang bed in my dormroom. Since I was the only girl at Durmstrang, I got a dorm room all to myself. I quickly grabbed my uniform and put it on. I liked my uniform because it was different then the boy's uniforms. My uniform consisted of a white-bubble sleeve blouse, Brown fitted pants, black and gold outer corset-shoulder gear, a black silk tie, black knee length combat boots, and black suede/ leather gloves. Whenever we go on trips or outside, I have the option of wearing a crimson double-breasted trench robe, with a cute belt or I can wear my favorite crimson and black cape. Thankfully, I don't have to wear a disgusting rabbit fur cap, but I get to wear a brown fur beanie.

I ran down to the dining hall, quickly, because we are supposed to have an announcement today. When I entered the dining hall, all of the seats are almost full, so I quickly grab a seat beside my best friend, Victor Krum. People at my school think it is strange that I hang out with Victor, because he is 18 and I only just turned 15, but Victor is like an older brother to me, so we don't find it weird.

"Hey Vic, has Karkaroff started the announcement yet?" I ask Victor, quietly.

"Not yet, but I think he will be starting it -" Victor was cut of by Karkaroff yelling for everyone to be quiet.

"I'm sure all of you are wondering what this announcement is about. Anyways, every student over 17 will be aloud to join us at Hogwarts and enter to compete in the Triwizard tournament." The hall erupted with lots of angry and excited yells.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! I want to come!" I yelled over everyone else at Karkaroff.

"Oh, don't worry Nadia. You're going to be coming. I don't want the boys doing anything inappropriate to you that I'd have to hear about whenever I come back." Karkaroff said to me, scowling at the thought of anyone touching me.

Karkaroff is actually my uncle. My aunt, Lillian, my mother Molly's sister, married Karkaroff a few years ago. Aunt Lillian wanted me to attend Durmstrang, because she wanted to have one of her niece's or nephew's attend what she claims is 'The best wizarding school around'. I had immediately agreed, because at the time, I would do anything to get away from a house crammed full of people. My Aunt has quite a bit of money as well, and I wanted to not have to wear old hand me downs to school. I love living with my aunt and uncle. They are both very protective of me though, because Aunt Lillian can't have any kids of her own. I am practically the daughter she never had.

I sat back down with a massive grin on my face and began to eat the french toast that they served us today. I was a little excited that I would finally get to see the school that my siblings always ramble about in their letters to me.

"We will be leaving for Hogwarts tomorrow morning, and we will be staying there for the entire school year, so there is no point in unpacking your trunks." Headmaster Karkaroff called out to the students as they began to calm down.

"What is the other school we will be going up against?" Asked a student from the other side of the dining hall.

"We will be going up against Hogwarts and Beauxbatons." Headmaster Karkaroff answered, while the hall started snickering.

"This is going to be so easy." I heard someone from a few feet away from me say.

"Are you going to enter in the tournament?" I asked Vic, worry lacing my voice. I nearly threw up my breakfast when he nodded his head. "I have heard that people have died competing in those tournaments!"

"Don't worry about me, Nadia. I'm going to be all right. When I win, we our going to have people begging to attend our school." Victor reassured me.

"And you'll have eternal glory." I told him rolling my eyes.

"Well ya, there is that too." Victor replied, grinning.

We then preceded to stand up and prepare to go to our classes. Unfortunately, since Victor was a few years ahead of me, we didn't have any classes together. We could really only hang out at quidditch practices and after lessons. I quickly hugged Victor and ran off to go to my defense against the dark arts class.

Defense against the dark arts was one of my favorite classes besides potions, flying class, and care of magical creatures.

Unfortunately, before I got to class Lewis Hernandez, one of my classmates, stopped me in the hall and told me that headmaster Karkaroff needed to see me.

I quickly made my way down to my uncle's office and entered the dimly lit room. When I entered, my uncle was sitting at his desk looking through some papers, with a scowl on his face.

"You called for me, Uncle Karkaroff." I said, making his eyes snap up to look at me.

"Yes, I did. Why don't you have a seat?" Replied my Uncle, gesturing to the chair in front of his desk.

I sat down and looked around the room. It was a very dimly lit room. There was a picture of my Aunt Lillian and Uncle Karkaroff hugging in front of the little pond behind their house, on the right side of Karkaroff's desk, and there was a picture of Aunt Lillian pushing me on the swing set when I was eight at their house, on the left side of his desk.

"So, why have you called me here?" I asked, looking back up at Karkaroff.

"I just wanted to ask you to not say anything to anyone about me being a death eater. It could cause some serious issues for me. I would also not use any of the dark magic we learn here at Hogwarts." Karkaroff explained to me.

"Of course, uncle, but I swear if anyone gets in my nerves I will hex them all the way to their graves." I replied to my uncle and he chuckled.

"Anyways, that is all. You should head back to your dorm room and get rested up for the trip to Hogwarts tomorrow." My uncle ushered me out of this office.

"I will see you at 8:00AM tomorrow." I replied to my uncle and headed to my dorm room to get some rest.

As I nestled into the sheets, I thought about Hogwarts and how it was going to be to be around my biological family for an entire year. I wasn't very close with them since I had only seen them once or twice every year. I slowly but surely drifted into a dreamless sleep.