Faucet

Chapter 1

Friday, September 4th, 10:48am

"Well, hello there Sweetheart. I take it you're the smokin' hot neighbour that just moved in. I'm Park Ji-" are the the first words that I hear leave the man's lips before someone behind him smacks him on the back of his head. It's an unsurprisingly hollow sound.

I cover my mouth to stifle a laugh as the, short but handsome man before me rubs the back of his head. He pouts indignantly.

"Jin hyung, what the hell did you do that for?" He asks and leans on the doorframe of his apartment. I watch in amusement as he winces everytime he touches the part of his head that was smacked into oblivion.
A taller, attractive man with broad shoulders nudges his way passed him, looking like he was about to bite someone's left ear off.

"Jimin you brat! What did I tell you about harassing the neighbours, hm? Look at the poor girl! She looks terrified. Look at her pale face! And those eyebags! She looks half dead with fear already!" Big shoulders, or Jin as I just found out, yells and jabs his crooked fingers at me.
I feel my jaw tighten in annoyance as this Jin guy keeps yelling indirect insults at me.
We're standing outside of my new apartment's hallway and I'm sure that everyone within a 30 meter radius can hear this guy yelling his soul out.

The other boy, Jimin, just shrugs and goes back to leaning on the doorframe in what he probably thinks is a sexy manner. He winks at me. I just narrowly resist the urge to punch his stupidly handsome face.
"Relax, hyung. She's probably here because she wants to say hello to her new, equally as hot neighbours. Right, babe?"

I cross my arms over my chest and roll my eyes. I really didn't have time for this.
"Listen, short stuff. Yes, I'm the new neighbour but I didn't come here to be hit on by you or insulted by Mr. World Wide shoulders over there," I say and then sigh at their insulted expressions.

"Oh? Then what did you come for? To look pretty-" Jimin is cut off as Jin nudges him harshly in his ribs.
He yelps and I watch as Jin pushes him back into their, what I assume, shared apartment.

"Please, don't pay any attention to him. He's suffers from a condition called idiocy," he apologises and I hear Jimin scoff from inside the apartment.
"I'm Seokjin, or Jin. It's a pleasure meeting you," he says and then offers me his hand to shake.

"I'm y/n," I say politely.

"That's a beautiful name. Sounds exotic," Jimin says as he pokes his head out from beind Jin's shoulders.
"But I think Park y/n sounds better, don't you think?"

Jin rolls his eyes and I stare at Jimin in slight disgust and disbelief.

"Again, he's a little bit stupid but he isn't so bad once you get to know him. Mostly. Anyways, please, come in, y/n," Seokjin says and ushers me passed the doorframe.

I shuffle in reluctantly and slightly afraid that Jimin is going to bite me judging from the creepy leer he is throwing my way.
This guy seriously needed to get laid.

Seokjin leads me over to a large, comfortable looking couch and I sit down gratefully. I haven't had a chance to get in all of my furniture yet, so I am stuck sitting on the floor back at my apartment.

"What number is your apartment?" Jin questions.

"Number 78"

Jin's eyes widen slightly. He opens his mouth to speak but Jimin beats him to it.
"Ah, we really are neighbours! Guess you'll be seeing a lot of us then, right Jin hyung?"

Jin only smiles and nods.

"So, y/n. What brings you to Seoul? I take it you're not from around here?" Jin asks as he strolls over into the kitchen, I assume, as I hear him turn on a kettle.

"And, Jimin. Keep your stubby hands off of y/n or I'll throw you in to the freezer," Jin warns.

Jimin, who's sitting on an armchair opposite me- and quite blatantly checking me out- rolls his eyes.

"Don't I have the best roommate ever," he mumbles. He focuses his creepy gaze directly on me. "Anyways, you were saying, beautiful?"

I shift uncomfortably.

"Uh, yes. I just moved here a few days ago. I'm actually from Ilsan," I raise my voice slightly so that Jin can also hear me over the sound of the boiling kettle.

"Ilsan, hey? You're here to study then?" Jimin asks and I'm almost surprised at his attempt to make normal conversation.

"No, actually. I graduated a while ago. I'm working as a journalist for the local newspaper, that's why I moved here. For the job," I explain.

Jimin raises his eyebrow. "You don't look like a journalist. You're too pretty for that."

"Oh, hush, Jiminie," Jin says as he reappears, holding a tray with a teapot and a whole array of cookies.

I feel my mouth salivate at the smell of the cookies. I can't remember the last time my lazy ass ate anything besides takeout or ramen.

Jin pours me a cup of tea and I thank him happily.

I take a sip and continue speaking "I'm not only a journalist. I also write. In fact, I'm working on a book right now."

"Really?" Jin claps in excitement. "What's it about?"

"Uh- it's about... cowboys," I lie.

I wasn't about to tell him that I was writing a book on the possible existence of the supernatural. They'd think I'm crazy.
That's the last thing I wanted: my neighbours to think I'm some ghost-believing weirdo.

Jimin bursts into loud, obnoxious laughter.

"Cowboys? What, do you wanna ride my horsey, little cowgirl? That can be arranged," he smirks.

Jin chokes on his tea.

"Yeah, no. Listen, thanks for the tea, Jin. I think I'm going to go back home now and do some unpacking," I start to get up.

"No! Don't go so soon. You just got here!" Jin says, shooting Jimin a filthy glare.

I pull on my jacket and look at them both.
"I'm sorry, I need to go back and sort out my apartment. It looks like a war zone in there. I also need to get back to my work. Articles to write, deadlines to meet," I laugh nervously.

"We could help you with moving your stuff in," Jin offers

"No, no. It's alright, really. Anyways, I'll see you two around. It was nice meeting you."
I bow and quickly make my way to the door until I hear Jimin's voice.

"Wait. You never told us why exactly you came to see us. You looked a little shaken up when I answered the door," Jimin recalls and cocks his head curiously.

I feel my heartbeat quicken as I remember the reason why I bothered coming here in the first place. How could I have even forget?
Sheepishly, I scratch the back of my neck and stare at both of their expectant faces.

"Yeah, about that. Does your shower faucet also moan your name when your turn it on?"

 Does your shower faucet also moan your name when your turn it on?"