Note

Chapter 3

Monday, September 7th, 1:20pm

"What do you mean there's nothing wrong with the plumbing? I almost drowned a few days ago because it flooded my bathroom!"

Mr Bang and the plumber look at me in concern. It seems like that's become a common thing these days.

I've become quite concerning.

"Y/n, I'm sorry but I really didn't find anything wrong with the plumbing." The plumber, Jisoo, informs me apologetically.
I narrow my eyes at her.

"I know what I saw! There's something wrong with it," I insist. There's no way in hell that I imagined my bathroom flooding or the shower faucet moaning my name like some pervert.

Mr Bang takes in my desperate expression and lays his chunky hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. We'll get Ms Kim to check one last time just to make sure. Is that alright with you, Ms Kim?" He asks, referring to Jisoo.
Jisoo looks doubtful and I notice that her shoulders are tensed.
"Yes, of course," she bows nonetheless and slowly retreats back into my freaky bathroom.
Mr Bang turns to me and smiles. He kind of reminds me of a pufferfish, but in a cute way.

"So, y/n, besides the bathroom troubles, how have you liked living in your new apartment?" He asks and pushes his square-framed glasses up the bridge of his nose.

I assume this is his attempt to get me forget about my moaning shower.

We both head to sit in my messy living room. There's a few random boxes thrown on the floor and some old soda cans lying on the glass coffee table.
I blush and usher Mr Bang into a seat before plopping down opposite him.
Thankfully the moving company finally brought in my couches.

"It's nice. A little creepy, but nice," I shrug nonchalantly. "Emphasis on the creepy part."

Mr Bang laughs eventhough I wasn't kidding.
"Have you met your new neighbours? I know Jin, Jimin and Yoongi are around your age."

"Well, I've already met the first two. I have no idea who yoongi is."

"Ah that's good to hear. Jin and Jimin are wonderful people. Jimin is a little...foward, but he's a good boy. And I'm sure you'll meet Yoongi soon enough. He's a little quiet, though."

I  nod slowly, not really paying attention to what he's going on about.
He begins to say something again, but then his phone starts to play "Toxic" by Britney Spears. In my foul mood, I manage to giggle making Mr Bang turn bright red.

"Excuse me, y/n. I have a call. I'll see you later," Mr Bang stands up and grabs his expensive looking coat.
"Please give me a shout if you need anything. Also, don't worry. I'm sure Ms Kim will have the plumbing sorted out," he bows, waddles to the door and then leaves.

"Everyone in this building is so weird," I blurt out loud. "Except me, of course."
I go grab a snack from the kitchen and then collapse on the couch to watch some Netflix. I should probably go and continue my research for my book, but I have absolutely no motivation to do so. I'd been facing some major writer's block recently and I have no idea what to do about it.

Researching the existence of ghosts and the paranormal can be quite taxing at times. And all I wanted to do right now was absolutely nothing.

"Huh, imagine if this apartment was actually haunted," I laugh at the stupid thought. "It sure would make my research much easier."

I have no idea when, but at some point, I fell asleep on the couch.
The sound of my snoring echoes throughout my apartment. In a half-asleep daze, I roll over and face my back towards the headrest of the couch.

"Hey..." I hear a soft voice whisper in my ear. "Please wake up."

"Mmff, whaaa?" I yawn out.

"Wake up," they say and my eyes shoot open.

"What the fuck?!"

I curse loudly and fall off the comfortable couch. My nose hits the floor and I groan in pain

"Hey, I'm sorry! I just wanted to let you know I was done!" They say.

I turn my head and see Jisoo standing in my living room.
I didn't even realise she was still here.
Man, I'm bound to get murdered if I'm so oblivious to everything around me.

Standing up on my shaky feet, I hold my hand to my nose and feel warm blood cling to my fingertips.

Jisoo doesn't seem to notice my busted nose. In fact, her face is pale and she looks shaken up.
Grabbing my other un-bloodied hand, she drags me to the bathroom.

"There's something wrong with your bathroom and I don't think it's anything a plumber can fix."

****************************

Monday, September 7th, 3:15 pm

Jisoo and I stare at the bathroom mirror together in silence. There's dark shadows casted on the grey walls as it's nearing the evening, making the entire situation eerie.
Very ominous.

"What are we looking at?" I whisper as to not break the still atmosphere. My bloodied noses is dripping blood onto my new shirt but I pay it no attention. I keep my gaze on the plumber.

She looks at me and shoves her hands in her overall pockets. I watch as she takes a seat on the edge of the bathroom counter and sighs loudly.

"When I was working in here earlier, I saw something," she mumbles. I raise my eyebrows.
I knew I wasn't imagining things, but having someone else confirm it is another story entirely.
"I saw it in the mirror. Like a shadow? But only for a second," Jisoo's voice trembles. She plays with the stands of her ling, brown har nervously
"But it wasn't really an "it"...I don't know..." she tries to explain herself but falls short.

I can't find any words to say and instead decide to just drop my head. The floor looks very  interesting today.

I feel Jisoo touch my arm and I shudder at the coldness.

"I'm not sure what I saw. But soon after it happened, I found this lying on the counter."

She handed me a small, cream envelope with intricate embossings at the borders. I recognise it as one of my own that I use.
Except I hadn't used any in while because they were supposedly still packed away in the moving boxes.

I gingerly take it from her and open the envelope feeling dread rush through my bones.

Slowly, I pull out a note. The neat scrawl stands out on the piece of old  fool scap:

 The neat scrawl stands out on the piece of old  fool scap: