#14 [ONE-SHOT] - Tipsy Princey

(The title...? Don't ask XD)

College AU (It's been 4 years since they started)
TW: swearing, the title, near-death experience (???), tooth-rotting fluff
Word count: 2005
Summary: Roman didn't scold Virgil for sneaking out at 3 in the morning to get some sweets. Suddenly, a memory of his friend telling him about attending a party invades his mind...

The gathering to celebrate another successful performance in the middle of the very last semester turned out to be way too great. By that, it only meant that to Roman everything was way more blurred this time than the four occasions he has ever been in that bar. That was enough to explain why it was so difficult to stand still and find the way out.

It was almost midnight, around... two in the morning as the new collection in a clock shop's windows suggested. Unfortunately, Roman's mind was incapable to go back and remember a promise that he had already made to make up to Virgil for crossing the line of touching a very sensitive topic on the latter's part.

What he said has been eating him up ever since. It didn't matter how many times Virgil confirmed that he's still processing the past and that he's happy now to have a new family, Roman expressed his regret countless times, and every time he did so he became more and more convinced that he will grow old with no one by his side in misery.

With no Virgil by his side....

After such a long quest of seeking true love, after suffering from the rejection he got from so many people... he had to lose the one person, he felt and knew that he could live a full and happy life with.

Who knows? Maybe one day when he actually reaches that age, he'd laugh because the reason for his solitude was that how easily his emotions got over him always! Hail Zeus, how much of a curse being an actor is! As if his fate has been predestined...!

Who would have ever thought that fate can be so bright and lou-

"ROMAN!"

Roman felt like he had no control over his body because he suddenly felt like he was tackled to the ground. He was so confused about why he heard a faint horn-like sound and a sequence of cursing in the distance, he could go to... if he was sober enough.

"Dude!"

This voice sounded much more familiar and more understandable. Maybe he wasn't that tipsy. Roman luckily had the strength to turn his head into the direction of it and made an educated guess.

"Knightmare...?"

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Roman's assumption was correct "Are you really that out of your stupid Hamiltrash mind?!"

Virgil's eyes went wide as he sniffed in the air and immediately realization dawned upon him.

"Oh God, was it The Odd Couple you.... 'celebrated' with the theatre geeks?"

"I ca... I..."

Virgil groaned as he got up and attempted to find his phone, that had fallen out of his pocket, on the ground in the dim light. Damn, there weren't any street lamps nearby.

"Get up." he said, exhausted while helping his prince-like flatmate up by holding his waist and wrapping Roman's arm around his own shoulder. "I genuinely don't understand how you can do anything without thinking about the consequences..!"

"Qu... qué?" Roman, if anything, became even more puzzled about what had happened.

Where did that light go?

Where exactly was he?

Was he supposed to go home or to class?

What was the exact time because before it was 2 in the morning then suddenly it was 7 o'clock?