Chapter 10

And that's about it. That's all there really is to this tale.

Nothing huge happened. The little girl's uncle flew in almost as fast as he flew out with her. Apparently he took her to the other side of the world since that's where he lived.

I didn't even get the chance to give her a proper goodbye.
The last time we talked was in that interrogation room. So you could imagine my dismay when I find out the next day that her rich uncle had picked her up and taken her elsewhere while the police concluded their investigations.

I really wish we had one last sleepover in a tent or something. Maybe I could've given her some kind words or even a last embrace. I guess not all stories end in magical and wholesome fashions.

Normally, I know what to write. I know how to use my words well, but here I am... Blank. I really should've ended this tale with the -already broken- promise that was made in that interrogation room.
However, I just felt I needed to write one more thing.

What drove me to do so? I don't know. Maybe it was the lonely walks I took down the very sidewalk that started all this.
Maybe it was the video I took while she led me into the house of horrors.
Her wide, sparkling eyes and her innocent smile.

God, I wish I had taken more pictures and videos of us together.

Unfortunately I can't change the past. She knows that better than anyone else. Yet she still found meaning, joy and happiness. Even if to me it seemed like a delusion, she was the one that always opted to infect me with her smiles.

Honestly, I enjoyed everything. In a span of one day, she made me go from taking sad walks at school and judging whatever stupidity crossed my path, to idiotically jumping on autumn leaves with no care in the world.

I knew I was acting dumb, but I still went along with it because it made me smile. It made me laugh. It made me happy.

Maybe that was the same with the little girl too. She chose to believe I was her big brother, because it made her happy.
Depressing but sweet.

Still, after being starved, beaten and lied to for so many months... She somehow put me ahead of herself.

In the tent, she made sure I ate before she continued her meal despite how hungry she was.

In the house, she saved me from being caught despite how scared she was of her mother.

To top it all off, she still called me "Big Brother" after I flat-out told her that I wasn't.

I miss her.

Before, I craved stuff like money, video games or even a girlfriend.
Now all I really want, is someone who's able to spread joy to people's lives the way she does.

And basically, I think that boils down to what happiness can be.

Life can be a spiralling mess, but amidst the hell storm, you can believe in what makes you happy and latch on to it like she did my leg when we first met.

Maybe I'm not the type to give life advice and maybe life isn't that easy... But sometimes it can be made a little easier when you're with the right people.

Okay, okay enough cliché life advice.

I don't know what I'm going to do with this ridiculous story I've written down.
Should I publish it online and change the names? Maybe, though not a lot of people will believe it but who cares.

Hopefully The little girl sees it... Someday.

Infact, I have only this to say:

Through the scatted leaves and desolate skies, it has been a journey.
On a random sidewalk, in an autumn morning, you stumbled upon me.
And even though you came with sweet cherry cheeks and a bubbly personality
You brought a product that no business man could offer me. Happiness, and it was for free.

And even if it was you I initially tried to get rid of
I have no idea what drugs I had been on
But the best decision I made was to search and find you
And from that moment on, our strings were binded

Even if it's carrying you under the stars at night, I enjoyed it all.
I would still carry you even if the sun would rise or the snow would fall.
And making you dinner and reading to you are memories I will hold dear.
Even if I'm not there with you, just know that, spiritually, I'm here.

For I care for you, and I miss you.

And even though you've made my life better than its ever been.
I bid you farewell~ to my little sister, Jaselynne