Unfinished First Chapter

"Guys I'm gonna have to end the stream." You glance at the chat, mentally preparing yourself for the variations of 'noooooo' you would see. You had a good time, playing shitty flash games and just chatting. Chatting with your viewers was probably your favorite part of streaming, and you wish you could do it for a bit longer. But you had a class tomorrow, so you should probably go to sleep at a reasonable time. "I'm sorry! I'll see you all soon though. Have a good night!"

You turn off your stream and computer, staring at the blank monitor for a few minutes while debating if you should get some food. Shrugging, you get up off your computer chair (a shitty leather one you've had for years) and walk to the kitchen.

"Should I have cereal? Hmmm." Opening your pantry, your phone suddenly vibrates. Frowning, you get it out of your pocket and turn it on. It was message from Poke, a decently close friend of yours and one of your mods. You quickly click on the notification and put your thumb on the home button to unlock your phone.

——

Pokay: hey, what's up?

You: Nothing really. Just ended stream. Wbu?

Pokay: editing a vid for carson

You: Long?

Pokay: lol yeah

You: Oof that sucks

Pokay: gotta get that gaming dough bro.

Pokay: gaming

You: I actually hate you.

Pokay: lol

Pokay: hey, speaking of carson, he just started this streamers-only minecraft server. would you be down to join?

You: Poke I have not played Minecraft since 2016 lol.

Pokay: it doesn't matter lol. it's mostly just us fucking around. it's a lot of fun and there's some cool dudes on there.

Pokay: please i need an ally im begging

You: Hmmm. Sure why not?

Pokay: hell yeah

Pokay: you gotta contact carson btw since you're not a mutual.

You: That's cool. Can you tell him to follow me on Twitter so I can dm him?

Pokay: will do chief.

You: Love u bb

Pokay: haha gay

——

You smile and turn quickly switch to Twitter, typing in 'CallmeCarson' into the search bar. You see a profile with what seems to be a high school yearbook picture. Knowing that was who you were looking for, you click on it and follow him. While pouring your cereal, you see a notification from Poke saying he had done it. You type in a quick 'thanks' before shutting off your phone.

As excited as you were, this could wait until after class tomorrow. Besides, Carson was probably going to take a minute to actually follow you back, so there was no harm in letting it go for now.

-_-_-_-_-_-

"Jesus fuck. I just wanna skip."

"No you don't. You'll regret it within an hour."

You glare at your friend. He was seated on your couch, cradling your hedgehog like a baby while his feet lay on your table (You must have told him a thousand times not to do that. But did he listen? No.) His messy brown hair was covering his eyes as he cooed over the animal in his arms, tickling its belly.

"Listen here chump, I don't want or need your sass," you growled, shoving the last spoonful of cereal in your mouth. He glanced at you, a playful twinkle in his eyes as he let out a laugh. Your eyes furrowed further before you let out a laugh of your own, ruining the bit you had going.

"Hey, I gotta keep you in check, right? You gotta become a better person for the most handsome creature on Earth, right?" He eagerly looked up at you, desperately wanting to see your reaction. The most handsome creature on Earth he was referring to was your hedgehog, Eddie. He had always had a fixation on him for as long as you had known him (since you moved here) and you couldn't really blame him. He was cute as hell. You shot him a smile while putting on your Adidas, having already washed out your bowl in the sink.

"Hey, I'm headed out." You pause. "And Freddie? Don't mess up the place too bad." You shot him a playful wink.

"I'm not even gonna be here. I gotta finish editing a video."

"The '06 one?"

He nods, lifting his hand in a wave as you walk out the door.