Unfinished Schlatt Drabble

Schlatt isn't a stupid man.

He's quite intelligent, actually. He processes information quickly and has an impressive reaction time.

Could that be a result from being gnomed all the time? Maybe, but that isn't something he likes to think about.

He's also pretty aware of what is going on; especially if it's in his orbit. It makes him feel better if he knows what kind of situation he can expect. Makes it so that he can avoid awkward situations.

So, of course, he has seen the rumors about you liking him. Comments on videos you had done together saying 'omg she sounds so nervous lmao' and 'it's so obvious she likes him' weren't copious, but they were there. He usually just ignores them, thinking it's just people jumping to conclusions.

But then he thought about it.

He's seen videos you've done with Freddie and Wilbur and you were significantly more relaxed with them than you were with him. Your words didn't mesh into each other like they did with him. Of course, that can be chalked up to you being closer friends with them than you were with Schlatt. You've stated multiple times how you consider Wilbur to be one of your closest friends; a confidant, if you will. And Freddie... You and Freddie were like brother and sister.

But then he thought about when you streamed with Sneeg. You barely knew him, yet you acted relaxed around him. Much more relaxed than how you acted when filming with Schlatt.

At first he comes to the conclusion that you just didn't like him. He's the outlier in the group. He's the only one you act weird with. You adore pretty much everyone you take the time to hang out with and it very clearly shows through your demeanor. You aren't the same with him.

He shakes his head vigorously, forcefully purging that thought from his head. You've said in your stream multiple times you find him to be a genuinely good guy. You've also reached out to him multiple times to stream together. Why would you do any of that if you dislike him?

There's only one logical conclusion, one that makes him slump in his computer chair and rub his face in his hands.

You like him.

You probably like him a lot.

He lets out a sigh, hands propping his head up on his desk.

You're an attractive, funny, kind and intelligent woman. In an ideal world, he would totally date you. You are basically his exact type. For fucks sake, you're even a computer science nerd! (Different fields, but computer science nonetheless)

But this isn't an ideal world, so there were quite a few factors inhibiting him.

For one, Cooper very obviously has a thing for you. He's not a very subtle man (and Schlatt had a feeling he didn't really want to hide it). Maybe that's Schlatt's skills with perception coming in, but it was obvious either way. Cooper is a cool dude, and Schlatt really didn't want to violate his trust.

He also feels you need someone more... stable than he was. Your intense insecurity and your past issues with depression make him feel he couldn't give you what you need. Schlatt has some issues with insecurity as well, showing his face to his audience stressed him out to no end and he couldn't help but make derogatory comments towards himself.

Now, someone like Cooper? He'd be perfect.