she wakes up and you're not next to her

"Y/N?" Dianna mumbled as she sat up in bed, shivering slightly from the cold air coming through the window.

She was fine just a moment ago. She'd been sound asleep until a shiver ran down her spine and she went to cuddle up to you, only to find that you weren't there.

Her mind was starting to run. She rarely ever wakes up without you by her side, and she never wakes up in the middle of the night without you there unless you were sick. It was the first place her mind went.

Feeling a little worried, she jumped out of bed and checked the bathroom. But upon opening the door, she found that the light was off and it was empty. She knew the chances of you being in any of the spare rooms were slim to none, especially when it was well after three in the morning. But she checked anyway, only to feel a little more nervous when you weren't in any of them.

She was three steps down the staircase when she heard what sounded like the intro to your favorite show. She knew that theme song. She knew it by heart now, with how many times you've seen the show together.

The worry lifted from her shoulders little by little the more steps she came down until they disappeared completely when she saw you laying on the couch.

"Y/N? Honey, what are you doing down here?" She asked and stepped closer to you, and when you didn't respond, it all made sense as to why.

She could hear the snores softly falling from your lips. You laid on your stomach on the sofa, the remote had slid out of your hands and onto the floor beside your hand that slid off the couch.

Despite your hair falling from the messy bun you had put it up in hours prior and the snores leaving your lips, you still looked like an absolute angel in her eyes.

She tiptoed over to you and knelt on the floor. She couldn't resist brushing one of the loose strands of hair hanging in your face behind your ear. Although she didn't intend to wake you, your eyes fluttered open from the soft and comforting brush of her hand.

"Hey, honey." She whispered softly as she brushed her fingertips along your shoulders. "What are you doing sleeping on the couch?" She hummed softly, watching as your eyelashes fluttered against your cheeks.

"I couldn't sleep." You mumbled.

"Yeah? How long ago was that? Because you were out like a light when I came down here a couple of minutes ago." She chuckled.

"Around one or so. I was getting frustrated laying in bed and not being able to sleep so I came down here to watch tv and,"

"And you fell asleep." She finished for you, with a small smile. "That's alright, angel. I understand. I just got a little worried when I woke up and didn't see you next to me."

"Sorry."

She kissed your forehead softly and continued to brush her fingers along your shoulders. "Don't be sorry. Do you wanna go back to bed? You look awfully tired now."

You didn't just look tired; you felt it too. Too tired to move and drag your feet up the stairs. You were cozy right where you were and you liked the idea of falling asleep to your favorite show.

"No. I wanna stay here."

"Okay then. At least sit up a bit so I can lay with you."

You sat up slowly and as soon as she was sitting down beside you, you were laying your head on her lap. She grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and threw it over the both of you, but she let you have most of it.

"My baby," she whispered softly as she started to comb her fingers through your hair. "I love you so much."

You closed your eyes and hummed contently as she played with your hair and peppered kisses across your face. "I love you, Dianna. Goodnight."

"Goodnight angel. Sleep tight." She whispered and let her head fall back against the back of the couch. She listened to you breathe for a moment and watched the show you absolutely adored before she soon drifted off to sleep once more, but this time with you safe and secure in her arms again.