t e n || cookies and flowers

Astrid's eyes fluttered open

Astrid's eyes fluttered open. She blinked until the blurriness left them and her vision turned clear. She realized it was clearly early morning, the soft glow of the sun shining through the room, she was in the Hogwarts hospital.

"Astrid" she heard, looking to the right to see Hermione and Harry. The memory of what had caused her to be there flashed in her mind.

"Harry where's-" she began but Harry shot her a look and she furrowed her brows.

"Do you know what a time turner is?" Hermione asked quickly.

"Yes, we learned about them at Ilvermorny. Why?" Astrid questioned. Hermione took a deep breath before she began explaining how her and Harry went back in time and saved Buckbeak and freed Sirius and Tate where as they were going to be given the dementors kiss. The stag the pair had seen across the lake was Harry from the future, everything began to click.

"So they're gone?" Astrid asked, tears welling in her eyes. "My dad?"

"They took Buckbeak and fled Astrid. We freed them, they had to leave" Harry began.

It was almost the same as the time her father first was taken away. She understood this. He needed to go in order to live. In order to still have a soul. She would much rather her father be alive and well just not right beside her, than here with no soul, no happiness. Harry grabbed her hand and Hermione rubbed her shoulder.

"Thank you" Astrid said looking to the younger boy and girl. "For saving them."

Harry smiled softly and nodded, squeezing her hand. Suddenly the doors swung open and she spotted a certain red head heading her way.

"Ron's over there" Hermione said to the boy, pointing to where Ron was laying, a cast covering his leg. He was fast asleep and had a content look across his face.

"Well actually um, I'm not here for Ron" George said as his eyes landed on Astrid. She couldn't help but let the smile cross her lips and a blush cross her cheeks.

"Well who are-" Harry questioned, completely oblivious. Hermione smacked the back of his head and pulled the boy towards the doors.

"Are you stupid?" Astrid heard Hermione mutter as the pair left the room. George stood awkwardly at the end of Astrid's bed, flowers in one hand and a plate of cookies in the other. Astrid lifted slowly, shifting over to allow him to sit beside her. He grinned, softly sitting beside the girl and scanning his eyes over her.

"McGonagall pulled Fred and I from our beds this morning to tell us what had happened to Ron. We came up here and checked on him and I saw you were in this bed, out cold. I freaked out when Harry told me about the dementors attacking the two of you. How are you feeling?"

"Never better" the girl replied, sarcasm lacing her voice as she chuckled.

"I'm okay George. Are those for me?" she questioned looking to the flowers.